News & analysis
- Delay on Novartis merger. // Chemical Week;5/8/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the delay of the merger between Swiss pharmaceuticals firms Ciba and Sandoz. European anti-cartel authorities' investigation of the proposed merger.
- Ciba, Sandoz to sell U.S. assets. // Chemical Week;8/28/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 33, p5
Reports on the plans of Ciba and Sandoz to divest several crop protection and animal health businesses in the United States. Proposed merger of the two chemical companies.
- Ciba and Sandoz announce company merger. // Pest Control;May96, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p27
Reports on the merger of Ciba and Sandoz to form a new company called Novartis. Total consolidated agribusiness sales of the two companies in 1995; Pest control products manufactured.
- Novartis clears last regulatory hurdle. // Chemical Week;1/1/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the US Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) approval of the proposed merger between Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz to create a new entity called Novartis.
- Zurich doubles indexing. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;7/8/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the side effect of the merger of CIBA-Geigy AG and Sandoz AG on pension funds in Zurich, Switzerland. Crowding of the Swiss equity market.
- Swiss drug firms clear final hurdle to huge merger. // Modern Healthcare;12/23/96, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p26
States that following an antitrust agreement the United States' Federal Trade Commission will allow Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz, two Swiss drug firms, to merger. Terms of antitrust agreement; What merger means to both companies; Creation of the world's second-largest pharmaceutical company called...
- Gaining critical mass to stay on top. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p53
Presents information on mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical industry, and the proposed hyper-merger between two Swiss companies, Sandoz Limited, and Ciba-Geigy Limited. Indepth look at how mergers and acquisitions has affected the pharmaceutical industry; Discussion on circumstances...
- Novartis Gets Green Light From US FTC. Chapman, Peter // Chemical Market Reporter;12/23/96, Vol. 250 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the approval by the United States (US) Federal Trade Commission of the merger plans of Ciba-Geigy AG and Sandoz AG to create Novartis company. Rank of Novartis in the pharmaceutical industry; Start Novartis trading; Conditions asked by the US Federal Trade Commission in approving the...
- Ciba to form JV in China. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;10/9/96, Vol. 158 Issue 38, p35
Announces Ciba's plans to form a joint venture in China to produce quinacridone pigments. Letter of intent signed by Ciba's pigments division and Ciba China with Xiangtan Chemical Research Institute; Ciba Specialty Chemicals's strategic investments in China.