- Has employee relations changed for the better? Stevens, John // People Management;3/9/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p57
Explains why the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) is carrying out research into developments in employee relations. Changes on the relationship between employer and employee; Findings of the Workplace Industrial Relations Survey (WIRS) about the union recognition and number of...
- IPD proclaims end of the seesaw struggle. Overell, Stephen // People Management;12/04/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p17
Reports that the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) has called for discussions on the future of employee relations to look beyond `structural obsessions' and towards an agenda of competitiveness and skills. Aims of the position paper on employee relations; Factors that could form the...
- Employee Relations. // People Management;07/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p10
Presents news briefs on industrial relations in Great Britain as of July 29, 1999. Study conducted by Jonathan Michie on employment contracts; Participation sought by the Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Calls for inquiry on employee relations. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;07/25/96, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p7
Questions how the Labour government of United Kingdom should approach the reform of industrial relations. National inquiry in employee relations called by the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) and Fabian Society research institutions; Causes and effects of unhealthy employee...
- Conference Round-Up. // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p61
Presents information on the 1998 professional standards conference held by the Institute of Personnel and Development. Discussion on managing diversity; Trends in standards; Information on a speech on employment relationship.
- Current tribunal system is broken, according to CIPD. // Employers Law;Apr2011, p4
The article presents the findings of the British Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) conflict management report regarding employer experience on conflict management and employee relations interest.
- Manager actions drive staff engagement. // e.learning age;Apr2011, p2
The article highlights the findings of a study, titled Management competencies for enhancing employee engagement, commissioned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) to identify the management behaviours that drive employee engagement.
- Advance beyond intuition. Baron, Angela // People Management;7/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p30
Discusses the impact of the results of a study on human resources practices on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Significance of personnel and development practices; Acceptance of business leaders; Strategic goals of people management.
- WORK PLACE RIGHTS. Burd, Michael; Davies, James; Silkin, Lewis // Management Today;Oct2013, Issue 10, p13
The article reports on Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's revelation that there could be a million people in Great Britain on zero-hours contracts, which describes an agreement where employers puts an individual with no guarantee of work.