- Recruiters prove slack on evaluation. Lamb, Jon // People Management;05/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p9
Highlights the survey conducted by the Institute of Personnel and Development which reveals that employers do not bother to evaluate the effectiveness of their own recruitment and selection procedures. Reason for the lack of employment evaluation; Actions taken by employers that evaluate their...
- Up close and personal qualities. Daniels, Imogen // People Management;6/8/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p75
Discusses the findings of the annual survey by the Institute of Personnel and Development on the trends in recruitment and selection practices. Impact of the Internet and electronic media on recruitment; Selection tools used by recruiters.
- IPD News. // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p14
Reports on the appointment of Ward Griffiths as assistant-director general of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Key priorities of Griffiths as assistant-director general; Comments from IPD president Sir Michael Bett on Griffiths; Career background of Griffiths.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;5/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p53
Presents updates on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development as of May 2002. Brief information on a conference on employee recruitment and selection; Overview of a forum on pensions.
- TAKING ON THE ISSUE OF AGE. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;8/9/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p52
The article offers information on a new employment guide to be published by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. The CIPD guides will focus on specific aspects of employment. Called Research Insight, the first of these examines the state of play in age...
- Employers ready for a hiring spree. // People Management;Dec2013, p6
The article forecasts a short-term growth in recruitment in 2013 as employers take a more cautious approach to hiring, according to the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development's (CIPD) "Labour Market Outlook (LMO)."
- Why talent makes or breaks SMEs. // People Management;Aug2014, p13
The article discusses a report released by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) that focuses on the importance of the process of recruiting, hiring, and training talented employees for small and medium-sized business enterprises (SMEs)
- CIPD REPORT. // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p49
The article announces that Bill Moore of Acas was presented with a lifetime achievement award by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) North East of England branch at their annual awards gala dinner, that Glenville Jenkins has been appointed as chief examiner of the CIPD...
- A warm welcome for all employees. // Management Services;May96, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p3
This article discusses the book "Employee Induction: A Good Start," by Alan Fowler. Alan Fowler is a freelance consultant with extensive personnel experience in both the private and public sectors. He is also a leading management author who has written on a range of related topics for the...