Why your firm needs emotional intelligence
- Why you shouldn't treat all employees the same. Stuller, Terry // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, pC9
Discusses the importance of treating employees differently in a non-discriminative manner, as part of a company's personnel management strategy. Need to concentrate mentoring efforts to new hirees; Factors needed to be considered when developing an appropriate personnel management strategy.
- The relationship between organizational climate and employee perceptions of personnel management... Toulson, Paul; Smith, Mike // Public Personnel Management;Fall94, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p453
Examines the relationship between measures on three personnel management practices (as independent variables) and a measure of organizational climate (as the dependent variable). Structured interviews with senior personnel managers; Implications for industrial and organizational psychology.
- cosmo careers. Dutton, Judy // Cosmopolitan;Aug2000, Vol. 229 Issue 2, p120
Provides tips on how to handle a jealous co-worker and on how to act and manage rumors in the office.
- Interpersonal dynamics turn `group' into `team'. Hart, Sheila Adams // Electronic News;07/28/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2178, p48
Gives a number team-building tips for chief executive officers. Encouraging team members of respect one another; Dealing with interpersonal conflict; Employee motivation.
- The Psychology of Performance Management. Hultman, Kenneth E. // Training & Development Journal;Jul88, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p34
Presents a case study that illustrates the importance of being aware of performance psychology. Inputs and outputs of performance; Fostering performance improvement.
- Challenges and Trends in HR/IR Programs: Bridging the Gap for Global Competitiveness. Benham, Philip // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer99, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p9
Discusses the implications of global competitiveness for graduate programs in human resource (HR) management and industrial relations (IR). HR trends related to the global competitive posture of organizations; HR as strategic partner; Consequences for HR/IR programs; Challenges to the programs.
- Potential Roles of the Human Resource Management Professional in the Strategic Planning... Rowden, Robert W. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer99, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the role of human resource (HR) function in corporate strategic business planning. Key factor in the process of integrating strategic planning with HR; Strategic skills needed for HR professionals.
- CONFERENCE QUOTES. // People Management;Dec2011, p19
Quotations are presented from speakers at the 2011 conference of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) including a comment on employee motivation by Karen Stefanyszyn of the Aviva Group, a comment on employment law by Charles Wynn-Evans and a comment by personnel manager Lisa...
- YOUR COMMUNICATION STYLE. // Managing People at Work;Oct2011, Issue 355, p3
The article offers tips on how to gain compliance with employees when starting a project which include explaining the overall goal of the project and providing background facts or figures to underscore its importance, breaking down list of to-do items and persuading an employee to do extra work.