Feeling for the facts
- How to manage emotional climate in the workplace. Anderson, Lydia // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/9/2002, Issue 322966, p7
Discusses the management of emotional climate in the workplace. Difference between feelings and emotions; Common emotional conflicts; Recognition of emotional triggers; Containing emotions.
- How positive reinforcement improves productivity. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/19/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the effects of positive reinforcement on work productivity, outlined in the book "How Full Is Your Bucket? Positive Strategies for Work & Life". Arguments of the theory of the dipper and the bucket concerning human emotions; Strategies to reduce negativity and increase productivity.
- 5 ways to minimize distractions at work. // Administrative Professional Today;Mar2016, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p6
The article offers five ways to minimize workplace distractions which include being aware of one's emotions, doing the easy things first, and learning what times of the day one is most productive.
- THE EFFECTS OF CONTINUOUS WORK UPON OUTPUT AND FEELINGS. Poffenberger, A. T. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct28, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p459
The article focuses on a study designed to investigate the effects of continuous physical and mental work on the output of work and changes in feelings. Four forms of mental work were used in the study, each continued for almost five and a half hours, or until the subject refuse to work. These...
- Type A/B behavior and eight basic emotions in 1084 employees. Catipovic-Veselica, Katija; Amidzic, Vjekoslav; Buric, Dinko; Ilakovac, Vesna; Kozmar, Damir; Durijancek, Josip; Skrinjaric-Cincar, Sanda; Catipovic, Branimir; Mujic, Nihada; Lauc, Ante // Psychological Reports;Jun95, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p1019
Focuses on the relationship between Type A behavior and eight basic emotional dimensions of employees. Differences between Type A and B on six emotional dimensions; Negative relation between anxiety and self-reported Type A behavior; Influence of affective states on Type A behavior; Evidence of...
- Grab the emotions if you want the sale. Graham, John R. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/17/94, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p21
Focuses on the power of emotions in decision-making in business. Reality behind business decisions; Guidelines for understanding the decision-making process; Delayed decisions; Decisions to please; Unavoidable decisions; Reactionary decisions; Personal-preference decisions; Results-oriented...
- Working the Play: How a Card Game Negotiates Perceptions of Work and Productivity. Pisac, Andrea // Croatian Journal of Ethnology & Folklore Research / Narodna Umje;2013, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p182
Based on the ethnographic study of the card game Bela, this paper rethinks the intersections and interstices between game and non-game contexts, challenging the presumption that play is unproductive and non-materialistic. By embedding the rules of the game into its socio-cultural context, the...
- The Happy-Productive Worker Thesis Revisited. Zelenski, John M.; Murphy, Steven A.; Jenkins, David A. // Journal of Happiness Studies;Dec2008, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p521
Despite extensive research on the subject spanning over 70 years, uncertainty still remains as to whether happier workers are in fact more productive. This study combined longitudinal prospective and experience sampling methods to examine the relationship between happiness and self-reported...
- Emotionomics. Hill, Dan // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p15
The article discusses the importance of properly handling the emotions of employees in times of change in the organization. According to the author, an announcement, or even a rumor of change brings about a decline in employee productivity. This is why boosting employee pride is vital if...