- Single parents... Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p6
Reports on a study which found out that single parents are not as committed to their companies' success as other workers.
- One-parent families. // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1994, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the increase in the number of Australian single parents without a job.
- Career or care. // Australia's Parents;Apr/May97, Issue 98, p77
Focuses on the employment of single parents in Australia. Government efforts to assists sole parents find jobs; Results of studies on the problems of sole parents in maintaining their jobs; Corporate initiatives aimed to support single parents. INSET: Grandmothers in the nineties..
- Easing the return to work for lone parents. // Management Today;May98, p12
Focuses on the efforts of the government of Great Britain to get single parents to return to work. Statistical data on the earnings of single parents; Why the Treasury favors this idea; Comments made by a spokeswoman of the National Council for One Parent Families; Benefits of single parent...
- The briefing. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/3/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4643, p44
The article offers news briefs related to the hospitality sector in Great Britain which include the warning given by the Forum of Private Business to councils who are planning to introduce a workplace parking levy (WPL) scheme and another on the study which revealed that the government's plan to...
- BC NDP has second thoughts. // Canadian Dimension;Apr96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, Preceding p1
Reports that British Columbia's National Democratic Party government revised one point in its welfare rules on employment of single parents. Reasons foe the welfare reform.
- Single parents need clear advice on leaving children unattended. Jozwiak, Gabriella // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;12/7/2010, p4
The article reports on the mixed messages received by single parents in Great Britain about leaving their children unattended when there is a job offering.
- Greedy single mothers should help struggling mining giants. SANDS, CARLO // Green Left Weekly;6/5/2013, Issue 968, p5
The article discusses the steps made by the Australian government regarding the payments of sole parents and supporting the mining industry like BHP Billiton Ltd.
- Lone parents solve skill crisis. // People Management;6/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the initiative launched by the British government in response to the shortage of skilled workers in the energy industry. Number of jobs expected to be available; Benefits of the initiative for long-term unemployed people and single parents; Information on the specially designed...