Women's winning ways
- Mommies off track. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
Reports on a study about the success rate of women who combine family and career.
- Stepping ahead in business. Scroppo, Fina // CA Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p12
Features Step Ahead, a Toronto networking program sponsored by Coopers and Lybrand, Fasken Campbell Godfrey and the Royal Bank, as a network support for women entrepreneurs. Monthly skills workshop; Workshop on finance, marketing strategies and legal issues; Available software packages;...
- The uniqueness of the woman entrepreneur. // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Summer95, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p18
Describes the characteristics of the woman entrepreneur. Dissatisfaction with career path; Single-mindedness in the pursuit of a goal; Demographic profile; Commitment to capabilities; Self-confidence; Entrepreneurial skill.
- Women in business. Davis, Shelley A.; Springer, Pervin // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;02/02/98, Issue 322259, p11
Presents a roundtable discussion of women's role in business according to s businesswomen in Fresno, California. Range of occupations for women in business; Influence of women in various institutions; Problems of women on acceptance; Comparison with men regarding performance.
- Long Island Center plans holiday reception. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/10/97, Vol. 44 Issue 45, p31
Focuses on a holiday reception planned by the Long Island Center for Business and Professional Women on December 8, 1997. Contact information.
- Networking is topic for Long Island Center seminar. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/05/98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p37
Reports on Huntington Station, New York-based Long Island Center for Business and Professional Women's plans to present a seminar on business networking on February 9, 1998.
- Minorities, women boost LI economy. Hord, Christopher // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/93, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p19
Reports on the positive impact of women and minority entrepreneurs on the economy of Long Island. Picking up the slack from the jobs lost because of the downsizing of big companies; Prejudice against women and minority entrepreneurs.
- Steady increase in women-owned businesses. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/29/93, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p21
Reports that the number of women entrepreneurs in Long Island is increasing. Business goals of women entrepreneurs; Problems regarding proper financing and financial management; Recommendations on facilitating financial aspects of the business.
- `Financial focus' is LI Center theme. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/5/96, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
Announces a seminar sponsored by the Long Island Center for Business and Professional Women on February 12, 1996.
- LI Center seminar on TV, women's issues. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/19/96, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p42
Reports on the Long Island Center for Business and Professional Women's seminar entitled `The Influence of Television on Women's Issues on March 11, 1996 in New York.