Vocational training cure for gloomy GPs
- Names sought for Family Doctor of Year. // New York Amsterdam News;8/20/94, Vol. 85 Issue 34, p16
Reports on the New York State Academy of Family Physicians' search for the 1995 Family Doctor of the Year. Requirements; Call for nominations; Contact information.
- Credential craze. Doyle, John M. // Modern Physician;02/26/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the use of the Texas Common Credentialing Application, a credentialing process for physicians which was created by the Dallas-Fort Worth Business Group on Health. Overview of a study released by the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission on the standards of credentialing...
- A Survival Guide for Generalist Physicians in Academic Fellowships. Saha, Somnath; Christakis, Dimitri A.; Saint, Sanjay; Whooley, Mary A.; Simon, Steven R. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Dec1999, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p745
Part II. Focuses on a survival guide for generalist physicians in academic fellowships. Preparations for the transition of fellowship trainees to junior faculty; Effective strategies for writing and publishing manuscripts; Guidelines in negotiating for junior faculty positions.
- Personal View. Lee, Benjamin // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/4/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6551, p880
Comments of the author concerning medical practices in Great Britain. Primary care rendered in hospitals; Responsibilities of general practitioners; Function of nurses in the wards.
- 'Act on out-of-hours opt-out or we're off' // Pulse;1/13/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on the demands of general practitioners for the implementation of the medical services price contract.
- GMC cases quadruple. // Pulse;1/13/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the results of a survey conducted by the Medical Defence Union on the increase of the total number of court cases filed against general practitioners in Great Britain.
- 'Expand the GP's role in infertility. // Pulse;1/13/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the role of general practitioners in the infertility management of individuals in Great Britain.
- The options on your premises. // Pulse;1/13/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on the provisions included in the new price contract developed by the government for general practitioners (GP) in Great Britain. Accounts on the grants provided to meet mortgage deficit costs; Description of the cost-rent payments for GP purchasing small practices; Evaluation of...
- Contract vote rests on a knife-edge. // Pulse;2/3/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the views of various general practitioners (GP) on the changes made in the GP contract in Great Britain. Total number of GP against the revised contract; Comment of joint-deputy chairman Hamish Meldrum on the issue; Factors influencing the decision of other GP to approve the changes...
- LMC plans alternative GP contract. // Pulse;2/3/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on the alternative contract provided by LMC for general practitioners in Great Britain.