IMC buys Western Ag
- IMC Global buys potash producer. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/02/97, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p24
Reports that IMC Global Incorporated agreed to acquire potash producer Western Ag-Minerals from Rayrock Yellowknife Resources in Toronto, Canada. Value of the purchase; Business interests of IMC Global; Revenues of Western Ag-Minerals for 1996.
- IMC global signs deal to acquire competing potassium sulfate maker. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/19/97, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p5
Reports on IMC Global Inc.'s definitive agreement for the acquisition of the potash producer Western Ag-Minerals. Part of IMC's plans to grow its potash business in the Southwest; Anticipation of an increase in IMC Kalium's reserves in Mexico; Reduction on the number of American potassium...
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;5/28/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 21, p13
Presents several news briefs on chemical industries. Acquisition made by Western Ag-Minerals by IMC Global; Shelf registration filed by ARCO Chemical; Sales of Harris Chemical North America.
- IMC, Western Ag clear regulatory hurdle. // Chemical Week;9/10/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the Department of Justice's antitrust clearance for IMC Global for its acquisition of Western Ag-Minerals.
- Fertilizer price recovery feeds prospects at IMC. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;5/20/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p40
Reports the impact of the decline in prices for diammonium phosphate fertilizer of IMC Global Inc. Improvement of the financial state of the company; Decline of the revenue of the company in the first quarter.
- New IMC-Agrico structure. // Chemical Week;1/31/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p7
Reports that the merge between IMC Global and Freeport-McMoRan, IMC-Agrico, has organized a management structure. Details of merger.
- DAP shut in. // Chemical Week;10/9/96, Vol. 158 Issue 38, p37
Reports on IMC-Agrico's temporary closure of its diammonium phosphate plant in Taft, Louisiana.
- IMC boosts phosphoric. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/09/98, Vol. 253 Issue 10, p25
Reports that IMC-Agrico Co. is boosting phosphoric acid rates at its facilities in Louisiana and Florida and raising its total phosphate fertilizer production. Reasons for the increases; Plan to increase production of ammonium phosphate at the company's Faustina and New Wales facilities in Florida.
- IMC-Agrico inks China venture. // Chemical Week;10/2/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 37, p5
Reports on IMC-Agrico's letter of intent to jointly conduct feasibility studies with Chinese authorities on the development of phosphate ore resources in Yunnan province.