IMC buys Western Ag
- IMC Global buys potash producer. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/02/97, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p24
Reports that IMC Global Incorporated agreed to acquire potash producer Western Ag-Minerals from Rayrock Yellowknife Resources in Toronto, Canada. Value of the purchase; Business interests of IMC Global; Revenues of Western Ag-Minerals for 1996.
- IMC global signs deal to acquire competing potassium sulfate maker. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/19/97, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p5
Reports on IMC Global Inc.'s definitive agreement for the acquisition of the potash producer Western Ag-Minerals. Part of IMC's plans to grow its potash business in the Southwest; Anticipation of an increase in IMC Kalium's reserves in Mexico; Reduction on the number of American potassium...
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;5/28/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 21, p13
Presents several news briefs on chemical industries. Acquisition made by Western Ag-Minerals by IMC Global; Shelf registration filed by ARCO Chemical; Sales of Harris Chemical North America.
- IMC, Western Ag clear regulatory hurdle. // Chemical Week;9/10/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the Department of Justice's antitrust clearance for IMC Global for its acquisition of Western Ag-Minerals.
- Fertilizer price recovery feeds prospects at IMC. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;5/20/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p40
Reports the impact of the decline in prices for diammonium phosphate fertilizer of IMC Global Inc. Improvement of the financial state of the company; Decline of the revenue of the company in the first quarter.
- New IMC-Agrico structure. // Chemical Week;1/31/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p7
Reports that the merge between IMC Global and Freeport-McMoRan, IMC-Agrico, has organized a management structure. Details of merger.
- DAP shut in. // Chemical Week;10/9/96, Vol. 158 Issue 38, p37
Reports on IMC-Agrico's temporary closure of its diammonium phosphate plant in Taft, Louisiana.
- IMC creates new units. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/25/98, Vol. 253 Issue 21, p7
Reports on IMC Global Inc.'s creation of two business units, IMC Salt and IMC Chemicals, as part of the integration of Harris Chemical Group Inc. and its Australian affiliate, Penrice Soda Products.
- Phosphate cutbacks. // Chemical Week;5/24/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 20, p48
Reports on IMC-Agrico's plans to begin the reduction of overall production in its phosphate plants in June 1995.