Budget process foils strategy for future
Tags: INFORMATION technology
- Raising your net mgmt. project batting average. Kaplan, Jeffrey // Network World;08/17/98, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p30
Opinion. Comments on the importance of managing information technology projects. Challenges which face network management projects; Required process environments; Unrealistic expectation which abound in the information technology and networking industry; How to structure network management...
- When worlds collide. Fickel, Louise // Network World;08/17/98, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p40
Comments on how information technology (IT) professionals can effectively communicate with a nontechnological employer. Views of John Appel director of IT operations at First Annapolis Consulting; Importance of reducing technical jargon told to employers.
- Technologies de l'information: Necessites strategiques ou sources d'avantage concurrentiel? Une... Dent-Micallef, Anne; Powell, Thomas // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p39
Investigates the conditions under which the use of information technology (IT) produces performance advantages. Advantages of IT in resource- based conceptual synthesis; Lack of correlation between ITs in empirical studies taking place in the retail industry; Combination of IT with intangible...
- Fact sheets on information technology. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p46
Announces the availability of a number of short fact sheets on information technology. Outline of subjects covered; Price of individual copies.
- Information technology. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep97, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p81
Reports on several developments in information technology (IT) as of September 1997. Allocation for large-scale IT projects; Internet banking; Cost of ownership.
- Information technology. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p74
Lists several developments in information technology in New Zealand as of October 1997. Includes global bulk purchase and standardization with Dell; Object orientation with Jobal Cashbook; Neural computing; Alliance between Apple and Microsoft.
- Promising new technologies. // Government Executive;Mar1998, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p17A
Highlights the results of a survey of emerging products in the information technology industry in the United States. Electronic mail messages; Software, training and consulting services from Information Mapping Inc.; Use of commercial products and services to keep electronic transactions secure.
- Technology Leadership Institute: Lessons learned. Moe, Kari // Government Executive;Mar1998, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p20A
Explores various information technology (IT)-related issues discussed during a two-day Government Technology Leadership Institute conference held December 2-3, 1997. Need for leadership; Requirements for a successful IT management; Use of IT as a tool to achieve new goals.
- Sharing information. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Workforce;Mar98 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 77, p12
Discusses trends in information technology. Utilization of technology options to increase workforce efficiency; Global companies' development of Internet sites and corporate intranets; Advantages of a technological infrastructure; Description of Viacom International Inc.'s technological...