TITLE

John White Geary distinguished himself in Mexico City

AUTHOR(S)
McLaughlin, Philip
PUB. DATE
August 1997
SOURCE
Military History;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
Profiles John White Geary, a commander during the civil war. His personal background; Civil and military career; Educational background; Geary's accomplishments; Contribution to the victory of the Yankees during the civil war.
ACCESSION #
9709205297

 

Related Articles

  • William C. Armor, Aide-de-Camp, 2nd Division, 20th Army Corps.  // Military Images;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p24 

    This article focuses on William Crawford Armor, an aide-de-camp to General John Geary, who was appointed the general's executive secretary when Geary was elected governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1866.

  • John Geary & Jon BW.  // Mixmag;May2015, p123 

    No abstract available.

  • The Bridge over Purgatory: How do people behave in a condemned landscape? Smith, Jordan Fisher // Orion Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p44 

    Presents an article about the occurrence of crimes at the Foresthill Bridge over a canyon in California. Duties of forest rangers in the area; Examples of stunts conducted by irresponsible individuals in the bridge; Story of John Geary and Lynn Parker who were victims of people throwing rocks...

  • SURVIVAL GEAR. Petersen, Chris // U.S. Business Review;Feb2008, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p43 

    The article features Glacier Computer, a company based in New Milford, New Hampshire which specializes in the design and distribution of rugged computer systems used in industrial settings and harsh environments. More than 80% of its customers are in the industrial sector while the remaining 20%...

  • Portrait of the Artist.  // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Apr2001, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p210 

    Features artists in Los Angeles, California. Photographer Dean Sameshima and Ed Ruscha; Painters Sandow Birk and John Geary; Pen and ink artist Mark Licari.

  • JOHN GEARY & JON BW.  // Mixmag;Apr2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p108 

    The article reviews the music release "Shake It (BK's GoHard Remix)" by John Geary and Jon BW.

  • Irrigation, Flood Control, Navigation, and User Taxes. Geary, John D. // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/15/77, Vol. 43 Issue 17, p536 

    Presents the text of a speech given by John D. Geary, president of the Ohio River Co., on May 6, 1977, regarding irrigation, flood control and user taxes.

  • People.  // Air Cargo World;Mar2004, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p68 

    The article informs about various people of the air cargo industry, as of March 01, 2004. The International Air Cargo Association selected the founder and former president and chief executive officer of Martinair Holland, J. Martin Schröder, as the recipient of its 2004 Hall of Fame award....

  • Low-Slope Roofing Has a Steeper Learning Curve. king, chris // Architectural Roofing & Waterproofing;Winter2014, p57 

    The author discusses several trends in the building codes and regulations in 2014. Topics discussed include Firestone Building Products director of education and industry relations John Geary's comment on the need for the roofing systems to address energy efficiency needs and Facility...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics