- Faft-Hartleys offer participant direction. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p6
Reports that Union and Taft-Hartley trustee-directed annuity plans are being converted to self-directed plans. Reference to some of these plans being 401(K)s; Reason for the conversion; Views of industry experts; Comments from Robert Liberto, vice president at Segal Company, New York.
- Language for spouse's waivers and QDROs. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p59
Discusses the issuance of a specific sample language designed to make easier understanding of rights to survivor annuities under qualified plans for spouses of plan participants. Inclusion of the sample language in a form used for a spouse to consent to a participant's waiver of a qualified...
- FA Reinsurance Could Help In Several Areas. Pfeifer, Timothy C. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/16/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 42, p14
Focuses on fixed annuity (FA) reinsurance in the United States. Reasons of FA direct writers for wanting reinsurance; Details on the most common forms of reinsurance for fixed annuity sales; Types of reinsurers for FA reinsurance.
- Top 25 variable annuity products dominate industry. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May94, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p79
Reports on the increased sales of variable annuities in the United States. Comparisons to previous sales figures; Reasons for increased sales.
- Five-year history of flexible premium retirement annuities. Blease, Roger L.; Mabie, Robert M. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1995, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p57
Focuses on annuities in the United States. Decision of the Supreme Court on annuities business; Questions on the classification of annuities; Tax status of annuities; Outlook of fixed annuity.
- SPDAs and FPRAs in general separate accounts. Blease, Roger L. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul95, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p43
Reports on a survey on fixed annuity premiums in the United States. Single and flexible premium fixed annuities as the biggest beneficiaries of 1994's variable annuity turbulence and leveling interest rates; Most common individual retirement accounts; Market value adjustments.
- Indexed annuities are hot yet complicated products. Harris, Bill // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Sep96, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p102
Reports on the popularity of indexed annuities in the United States. Interest in indexed annuities; Differentiation from other equity-based products; Long-term investments; Three methods of crediting interest.
- Sales issues driving the annuity product today. Streiff, Thomas F.; Shapiro, David // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/4/94, Vol. 98 Issue 14, p20
Provides a question-and-answer advisory on various topics about annuities in the United States. Participation in qualified annuity market; Asset value fluctuation; Indexed fixed annuities; Impact of interest rates on annuities.
- Index annuities put spotlight on renewal rates. Gore, Mike // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/18/94, Vol. 98 Issue 29, p23
Discusses the three basic types of indexed annuities. Products that give policyholders the option to jump to a highers rates when interest rates rise; Products that tie renewal rates to a popular market index; Products that tie renewal rates to the performance of the underlying assets of the...
- Some good reasons why people buy annuities. Shapiro, David; Streiff, Thomas F. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/1/94, Vol. 98 Issue 31, p21
Discusses safety and liquidity of annuities in the United States. Definition of the forms of risks; Nature of credit risks in insurance companies; Ways of extracting cash from annuity contract; Provision of emergency valve in fixed annuities.