Federal registration for agents?
- Pa. streamlines its agent licensing process. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb95, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p81
Reports on the streamlining of insurance agent licensing in Pennsylvania.
- Agency Licensing Reform Battle Is Far From Complete. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/23/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 38, p48
Editorial. Comments on the licensing of insurance agents in the United States. Agency licensing reciprocity standards established under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act; Hurdles to the creation of a national uniform agent licensing system.
- New licensing requirements challenge agents & companies. Doyle, B.G. // Caribbean Business;3/6/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, pS4
Reports on additional requirements that insurance agents in Puerto Rico need to accomplish before getting their licenses beginning in July 2003. Extra insurance-related courses that agents need to take; Administration of a more difficult examination; Licensing regulations' involvement of a...
- LICENSE REVOCATION--DEPARTMENTAL DISCRETION. // Journal of Insurance Regulation;Jun85, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p473
Discusses a ruling by a Florida District Court of Appeal that an insurance department could disregard the recommendation of an administrative hearing officer and revoke the license of an insurance agent. Charges against the agent; Details on the case; Views on the judicial language used by the...
- Calif. rescinds order on agent/broker fee hike. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/5/96, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p6
Reports on California Insurance Commissioner Chuck Quackenbush's decision to rescind his order requiring some 250,000 California insurance brokers and agents to pay a 62 percent increase in their annual licensing fees.
- Registered investment adviser licensing needs vary by... Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/17/97, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p16
States that more insurance agents in the United States will need to register as investment advisers. Reason for this; Testing requirements for an investment adviser; Change in the regulatory structure on how to register as an investment adviser; When change will be effective.
- Mich. agents must complete CE coursework. Schmitt, Frederick // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/23/97, Vol. 101 Issue 25, p4
Reports that Michigan insurance agents have until September 2nd, 1997, to complete continuing education coursework to retain their licenses. Reason the coursework was not initially done; Judicial decision making on the accreditation of insurance agents.
- N.Y. Initiates License Renewal For P/C Agents Using Internet; Follow Technology Applied To Life/A&H. // Insurance Advocate;2/11/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p7
Reports the introduction of an insurance agent's license renewal service through the Internet by New York Superintendent of Insurance Gregory V. Serio.
- Pennsylvania rule streamlines agent/broker licensing. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Mar1995, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p61
Reports on Pennsylvania regulators' streamlining of agent licensing by passing a regulation that provides a single licensing system for agents and brokers. Creation of a master record for each agent and broker; Reduction of the number of licenses in the state.