Canada's international net indebtedness
Tags: EXTERNAL debts
- Further Deleveraging Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p12
The article looks at the deleveraging efforts of Latvia in an attempt to pay the country's total gross external debt.
- Cyprus Key For Turkish Assets. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p13
Focuses on the proposed deal between the Cyprus and Turkish governments as of November 25, 2002. Implications of the proposed deal on European relations; External debt prices in Turkey.
- Europeans Wipe Debt Slate Clean. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
States that France, Germany and Spain have moved to cancel funds owed to them by Nicaragua. Total debts of Nicaragua; Contributing factors to Nicaragua's improved image abroad.
- Another debt wake-up call. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/27/94, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p16
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc., the world's largest bond rater, has downgraded its rating of Canada's foreign-dominated debt from AAA to AA1 (essentially AA+). Factors which led to the reduction.
- U.S. international debt. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep96, p19
Presents statistics on international debts by the United States as of 1995. United States international investment position; International securities; Official reserve assets; Direct investment.
- Morocco. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/23/96, Vol. 40 Issue 34, p25
Reports on the expected total external debt of Morocco by the end of 1996. Decline in debt stock in 1997; French government's underwriting of a $330 million Euro-franc loan.
- Turkey. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;03/21/97, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p44
Reports that United States-based agencies have announced more negative ratings for Turkey's international creditworthiness. Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co.'s downgrading of its rating of international foreign currency obligations; Increase in the borrowing costs on short-term external loans.
- Peru Peace Network advocates for poor. Wirpsa, Leslie // National Catholic Reporter;2/10/95, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p10
Features the Peru Peace Network and its success in stalling Peru's foreign debt payments. Letter of a nun to a major U.S. bank asking how much the Peruvian government owned the bank; Bank's answer contradicting the claims of the government; Controversy making the government stall its debt...
- U.S. net international investment (`debt') position: A review of some major issues. Mahdavi, Saeid // Review of Business;Spring93, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on issues in assessing the size and economic effects of the United States' net external debt. Definition and trends of net external debt; Distortions in the size of net external debt; Link between debt and investment.