Israel announces new mobile licence
- Consumers Want Nerd-free, Hands-free Technology. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the growing market for hands-free accessories for mobile communication devices. What fueled sales of the accessories; Reason for the lukewarm stance of telecommunication carriers to hands-free devices; Main attributes sought by consumers from the accessories.
- Mobile Explosion. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p22
Predicts the increase in the number of subscribers of mobile Internet services in the United States by 2007, according to a study. Telecommunication carriers' revenue from the Internet in 2000; Device choices that will influence mobile Internet usage patterns.
- Portable Numbers For Mobile Phones. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p12
Discusses number portability for mobile phones in the U.S.. Limitations of local number portability; Details on the operation of local number portability; Benefits of portable number class.
- Smarter Devices Drive Need for Tech Support. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;Sep2010, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p21
The article discusses why smarter devices like the smartphones require more technical support because of their complex nature.
- Scanning... // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p77
Cites developments concerning land mobile radio systems in the United States as of March 2001. Inclusion of the amount to be provided by the Illinois FIRST Program for a statewide police radio communications system to improve public safety; Motorola's contract with the Kankakee County Emergency...
- Scanning... // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p59
Reports developments in the mobile radio industry in United States as of August 2001. Selection of Intergraph Public Safety to provide a records management system for law enforcement; License given to New World System software for IBM iSeries 400 platform; Certification of the American Mobile...
- Consensus? We got a consensus? Glory be. Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p4
Comments on key issues and developments relevant to the mobile communication industry in the U.S. Elimination of interference to public safety radio communications; Regulation of the telecommunication industry; Implications for policies governing telecommunication.
- Eulogies and lessons learned. McCarthy, Bill // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
Editorial. Discusses the technical characteristics of the 'Mobile Radio Technology' magazine. Magazine coverage on interrelationship between communications technology, politics and business; Readers' comments on the magazine; Usefulness of the magazine.
- CTIA outraged by 'bait and switch.' Jetter, R.A. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p56
Reports on developments affecting the mobile radio industry in the U.S. Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association's call for the Federal Communications Commission to reallocate 2 gigahertz MSS spectrum; Spectrum policy; Motorola's selection of Greg Brown as president of CGISS division.
- Cap WIN connects crossed wires. Mohney, Doug // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the necessity and urgency of building an interoperability infrastructure between public safety organizations in Washington D.C. Lack of guidelines and standards for public safety; Launch of the Capital Wireless Integration Network project; Integration of transportation and public...