A disarming conclusion
- The deadly culture of complaint. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/1/96, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p23
Insinuates that American values influenced Scotland's Dunblane massacre. Allowing evil to exist; Perverted psychotherapy culture; British columnist Taki; Stricter gun controls.
- What Our Kids Pay For. WEATHER, PRAIRIE // Moderate Voice;12/16/2012, p10
A blog related to gun control and Connecticut's Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre is discussed.
- Shooters aren't sexy. Squires, Peter // New Statesman;9/27/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4303, p12
Comments on the Cullen report on the Dunblane massacre and its implications for the contested issue of gun control and ownership of handguns in Great Britain. Recommendations of the report regarding handguns; Need for gun control initiatives to be accompanied by an assault on the pervasive gun...
- Australia massacre prompts call for tougher gun laws. Perry, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;5/3/96, Vol. 88 Issue 111, p6
Reports on the effects of the massacre of 35 tourists at Port Arthur, Tasmania by gunman Martin Bryant, on issues relating to gun laws in Australia. Debate on the need for people to have powerful weapons like the military-style assault rifles; Level of gunownership in Tasmania; Prime Minister...
- An Urgent Resolution for 2013. ROBINSON, EUGENE // Moderate Voice;01/01/2013, p1
The article presents the author's views on gun control issues in the U.S. He comments that following an unspeakable massacre such as Newtown, it is shameful that gun control only becomes worthy of public debate. He remarks on the ban of automatic and semi-automatic firearms and mass shootings in...
- THIS MODERN WORLD. TOMORROW, TOM // Boise Weekly;12/9/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p4
No abstract available.
- Mourn for the Killers, Too. Adams, Devon // Newsweek;8/23/1999, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p41
Presents the reflections of a survivor of the April 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. Goals of the organization Sane Alternatives to the Firearms Epidemic (SAFE); United States public support for gun control legislation; Recollections of the shooting incident; The...
- 'A demand for action'. KAMPEAS, RON // New Jersey Jewish News;12/20/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 51, p17
The article offers information on the issue of strengthening of laws and regulations regarding gun control in the U.S. in reference with the massacres in Newtown in Connecticut. It informs that Jewish group is looking forward to back a gun control bill that was proposed on December 17, 2012 by...
- VIEWPOINT. LINDEN, TIMOTHY // Washington Informer;4/18/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 27, p7
The article presents the views of several residents of Maryland and Washington, D.C. regarding the gun control reform developed to prevent mass shootings including Tiffany Hawkins, Janique Parrott and Gordon Burnett.