- Get hip. // Golf World;8/25/95, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Mike Ditka, former Chicago Bears coach, underwent surgery to repair part of the artificial right hip he received in 1984. Effect on golf game.
- This week's sign that the apocalypse is upon us. McCallum, Jack; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;10/25/93, Vol. 79 Issue 17, p14
Comments on the gum-chewing habits of NBC football broadcaster Mike Ditka.
- Grin and bear it. Telander, Rick // Sports Illustrated;11/2/92, Vol. 77 Issue 19, p88
Offers advice to Mike Ditka and other NFL coaches who are being baited by the media. The medieval game of bearbaiting; Modern-day version of this pastime; When fans and media get fed up with poor performances; Ditka's sideline behavior; He was savaged by the press; Outburst by Ditka; Other...
- Ironed-out Mike. Chad, Norman // Sports Illustrated;1/18/93, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p4
Discusses the firing of football coach Mike Ditka by the Chicago Bears and Ditka's appearances on television following the firing. Press-happy Ditka; Avoiding saying anything; Positioning for a television spot; Staying in coaching; More.
- Too much to bear. Telander, Rick // Sports Illustrated;1/18/93, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p28
Discusses football coach Mike Ditka following his firing by the Chicago Bears. Ditka's philosophy and quotes from his coaching years; Cynical view of his profession; Ditka's career coaching record and his final season with the Bears; Bears CEO and owner Mike McCaskey; More.
- Mike Ditka Helps Raise Funds for ACA Foundation. // Collector (0010082X);Dec2010, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that NFL coach Mike Ditka autographs footballs for auction to help fund the ACA International Education Foundation.
- MIKE DITKA. // Great Athletes (Salem Press);2001, p635
Profiles football coach Mike Ditka.
- Spare the rod and spoil the child. Khol, Ronald // Machine Design;03/23/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p14
Editorial. Deals with the parenting experienced by Mike Ditka, former football coach, from his father. Information on his relationship with his father; Impact to his personality; Views on discipline.
- Ditka is writing a column again. // Editor & Publisher;9/07/96, Vol. 129 Issue 36, p34
Reports that Mike Ditka, the former head coach for the Chicago bears and NBC football commentator, is writing a 22-week column about the National Football league for Copley New Service.