Washington's newest punching bag says bye-bye
- U.S. Rep. Flake and wife indicted in fraud case. // Jet;8/20/90, Vol. 78 Issue 19, p52
Reports on the conspiracy, fraud and tax evasion charges against New York Rep. Floyd Flake and his wife Margarett, after being indicted for embezzlement. Comments by US attorney; Comments by Flake.
- Congressman and wife freed after federal gov't drops charges. // Jet;4/22/91, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the federal government's decision to drop charges against Congressman Floyd Flake and his wife Margarett, after charging that the New York minister used church funds for their personal expenses. Flake's comments; Reasons charges were dropped.
- Leading House banking Democrat quits. McConnell, Bill // American Banker;8/5/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 149, p2
Reports on US Representative Floyd Flake's plans to resign from Congress effective October 15, 1997. Reason for the resignation; Contributions to Congress.
- Rep. Floyd Flake. Hodge, Sharon Brooks // Headway;Jan96, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p8
Profiles United States Congressman Floyd Flake. Background; Political beliefs; Flake's espousement of negotiation outside party lines; Political ambitions; Political career highlights.
- From politics to pulpit. Selle, Robert // World & I;Jan98, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p74
Profiles Representative Floyd Flake, who plans to retire from the US Congress to become a full-time pastor. Growth of the Allen African Methodist Church; Involvement in community-development projects; Values learned from his father and mother; Views on school choice and affirmative action.
- Rep. Floyd Flake quits Congress to care for his New York City church. // Jet;08/18/97, Vol. 92 Issue 13, p4
Reports that New York City Representative Floyd H. Flake has announced he will resign from Congress by the end of 1997. Flake to devote his full time to pastoring the Allen AME Church in Jamaica Queens; Possible candidates to replace Flake.
- Cong. Flake visits church doing late Cong. Leland's work. // New York Amsterdam News;12/24/94, Vol. 85 Issue 52, p9
Reports on United States House Representative Floyd H. Flake's visit to the Godian Fellowship Church to recognize the church's contribution to the emergency, supplemental feeding and nutrition programs in the Queens Community. Assistance from Cynthia Hipona and Paul Brunswick, fellows from the...
- Cong. Flake to speak at a Georgia college. // New York Amsterdam News;2/11/95, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p15
Reports that United States Congressman Floyd H. Flake will be the guest speaker at the 1995 Black History Month Observance Luncheon at the Fort Valley State College in Georgia.
- Flake to announce project higher ground. // New York Amsterdam News;10/16/97, Vol. 88 Issue 42, p39
Reports that on October 31, 1997 that Floyd Flake, would serve as the keynote speaker for the Project Higher Ground kick-off banquet. Who is sponsoring the kick-off; Comments from Reverend Reginald Jackson, pastor of Saint Matthew; Announcement that Flake is expected to make.