Report from the University of Toronto Department of Medicine Ad Hoc Committee on Career Development
- Rotman Launches Initiative for Women in Business. Bradford, Ariana // Rotman Management;Fall2008, p103
The article reports on the move of Rotman School of Management in the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontariom, in launching its Initiative for Women in Business program. According to the aticle, the program focuses on supporting women in their effort to develop and be successful in their...
- Professional development. // Journal of the Canadian Health Libraries Association (JCHLA);Spring2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p56
The article presents courses and conferences for professional development. The Faculty of Information Studies Professional Learning Centre of the University of Toronto is offering a course on Web site evaluation for user-centered design on June 27, 2006. The Ontario Library Association Education...
- George Lewis. OLSEN, PAT // On Wall Street;May2011, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p52
The article profiles group head for wealth management at the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) George Lewis who had established a diverse career in finance since he joined RBC in 1986. Lewis recounts his introduction to investing at the University of Toronto were he studied commerce and economics under...
- MANAGING THEUNEXPECD. Gusen, Chris; Christiansen, Marlys // Rotman Management;Winter2013, p92
An interview with assistant professor Marlys Christianson at the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management is presented. She discusses the importance of resolving conflicting agendas in a workplace at the earliest for the betterment of organization. She refers to the necessary skills...
- I Really Wanted To Be An Astronaut. Kinder, Don // Access (1204-0472);Spring2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p27
Presents views and insights of the author about his career as an academic librarian at Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada. Aspirations of the author to become an astronaut; Views on his career as an academic librarian; Comments on winning the Ontario College University Library Association Award.
- Study: Effective Principals Embrace Collective Leadership. Samuels, Christina A. // Education Week;8/11/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p14
The article discusses a study by the Wallace Foundation, the University of Minnesota's Center for Applied Research and Educational Improvement, and the University of Toronto on effective school principals and the benefits of educational cooperation. The role of principals as instructional...
- Emergency medicine preclerkship observerships: evaluation of a structured experience. Penciner, Rick // CJEM: Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine;May2009, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p235
Objective: Medical students are expected to make residency and career decisions early in their undergraduate medical education. In medical school curricula, there is limited exposure to emergency medicine (EM) in the preclerkship years. The purpose of this study was to evaluate a structured EM...
- Urban ecology. J.S.R. // Architectural Record;Feb1991, Vol. 179 Issue 2, p108
Describes the Earth Sciences Centre at the University of Toronto. It was designed by Gregman + Hamann in joint venture with A.J. Diamond, Donald Schmitt and Company. The facility houses both offices and lab spaces for botany, forestry and geology departments.
- UNIVERSITY OF Toronto. Wajdie, Lila // Teen Ink;May2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p23
The article offers information about the University Of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario.