Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada Clinician Investigator Program
- Medical society adds management training to its services. // Physician Executive;Mar1996, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p3
Reports that the Metropolitan Medical Society in Kansas City, Missouri has sponsored a management education program strictly for physicians.
- Members On The Move. // Physician Executive;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p80
Presents several members of the American College of Physician Executives in the United States. Responsibilities of Rakesh T. Chauhan as vice president of medical management and medical director at Premera Blue Cross; Leadership role of Mary Jo Gorman in IPC strategies; Achievements of Steven Hanks.
- Defining the quality of practitioner research. Jacobson, Wayne // Adult Education Quarterly;Spring98, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p125
Focuses on the underlying assumption of practitioner research in contrast to those of other more widely recognized approaches of research, with focus on adult continuing education. Indepth look at th equality of practitioner research efforts and outcomes; Who conducts practitioner research.
- Medical staff education. Gill, Sandra L. // Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug1997, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p44
Looks at the challenges faced by healthcare executives in educating physicians and medical staff. What type of education programs do physicians require; Which learning methods interests medical staff; What are the steps toward the education of physicians.
- Tales from the chocolate factory. Douglas, Colin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/19/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7003, p515
Discusses management education for medical doctors. Importance of learning management skills; Benefits in attending courses.
- Clinical/research residency programs for the clinician. Philipson, Eliot A. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p259
Focuses on the clinical and residency programs for clinician scientist in Canada. Models for integration of clinical and research training; Disadvantages of the several training models; Considerations for the improvement of training programs.
- Training models: Summary. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p262
Evaluates on the effectiveness of the MD/PhD program and the Surgical Scientist Program for clinician scientist in Canada. Criticisms on both models; Recommendations to enhance both models; Major dislikes for MD/PhD students.
- Is there a doctor in the classroom? Larson, Ruth // Insight on the News;04/26/99, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p41
Criticizes the system of continuing medical education (CME) in the United States. Failure to update doctors on the technological advancements in their respective fields; Illustration of loosely enforced CME programs; Competency requirements of various states.
- Dermatologic diagnoses: A call for more training. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;5/15/1999, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p28
Emphasizes the need for primary care physicians to take continuing medical education courses in dermatology. Study on how well primary care physicians diagnose various dermatologic disorders conducted in the United States; Remedies which primary care physicians should take to gain more...