Readying a US measure of health status, the SF-36, for use in Canada
- 1997 tracking trends. // AHA News;09/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p4
Presents graphs showing health status indicators in the United States as of May 1997. Includes growth rate of per-case net inpatient and outpatient revenue; Trends in health care; Health tracks.
- The Effects of Changes in Musculoskeletal Fitness. Warburton, Darren E.R.; Gledhill, Norman; Quinney, Arthur // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Apr2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p161
Examines the effect of changes in the individual components of musculoskeletal fitness on indicators of health status. Effectiveness of intervention programs in improving the indicators of health status; Description of health status indicators; Association of enhanced musculoskeletal fitness...
- Musculoskeletal Fitness and Health. Warburton, Darren E.R.; Gledhill, Norman; Quinney, Arthur // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Apr2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p217
Examines the relationship between musculoskeletal fitness and health status. Association of muscular strength with independence and the quality of life; Influence of elevated muscular endurance in reducing the incidence of falling and associated injuries; Correlation of high levels of...
- Process indicators dumped. // Pulse;3/16/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the refusal of the process measures from the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) by the British government in order to focus it more heavily on health status indicators.
- Improving health status: A sampling of national data. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;3/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p50
Presents statistical data on the health status of the nation's population. Comparison of death rates for specific disease groups over time; United States Department of Health and Human Services' establishment of framework for prevention programs; Goals; Leading causes of infant mortality in...
- A randomised comparison of the EuroQol and short form-36 after stroke. Dorman, Paul J.; Slattery, Jim // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);08/23/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7106, p461
Presents a comparison of two commonly used health status measures, EuroQol questionnaire and Short Form-36. Increase on the efficiency of the study and reduction on the required resources by using EuroQol; Dependency of patients responding to the EuroQol instrument.
- Death unrelated to cancer. // Urology Times;Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p6
Examines the rate of patients died as caused by cancer. Aggressive evaluation and treatment of patients; Consideration of the symptoms; health status and personal preferences.
- Summary Overview of Plasma Carotenoids and Health Outcomes. // Nutrients;Dec2011, Vol. 3 Issue 12, following p1
A chart is presented which provide a summary of data from 111 studies of plasma carotenoids and health outcomes which include the study by Akbaraly on epidemiology of vascular aging in France, the study by Michelon on women's health and aging, and the study by Persson on Japan public health center.
- A healthy island. Dalrymple, Theodore // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;6/4/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7809, p1265
The article reviews the guidebook "The Sark Guide" by G.W. James.
- Wealth and health. Laudan, Larry // Consumers' Research Magazine;Nov96, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p36
Discusses poverty as a health status indicator. Social conditions of the poor; Unemployment; Poor sanitary conditions; Assertion that losing jobs would inevitably lead to losing lives.