Labor: Open-shop wages step up
- Merit shop pay practices, 1995. // PHC Profit Report;2/1/96, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p5
Presents merit shop pay practices by type of construction in 1995. Weighted average wages; Fringe rates.
- Unions picket City Hall. McIlroy, Jim // Green Left Weekly;11/24/2010, Issue 862, p4
The article reports on the picket of 500 construction workers outside the City Hall due to the wages, conditions and safety of the workers of the 215 million dollar renovation in Brisbane.
- Untitled. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/30/93, Vol. 231 Issue 9, p55
Presents statistics on employment and wages in the construction industry for 1993. General building employment; Heavy construction employment; Specialty trades employment; Wage rates for key construction trades.
- Craft wages keeping deadly quiet. Krizan, William G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/28/94, Vol. 232 Issue 13, p40
Reports on the wage stability in the construction industry. 1994 range of percentage of the average wage and fringe-benefit increases for union and non-union craft workers; Annual increase in the Consumer Price Index; Impact of the continuing health care crisis in the United States; Strategy for...
- Season for reason and restraint in wage hikes. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/30/97, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p98
Editorial. Highlights the importance of reason in restraint in implementing wage hikes for construction workers in the United States. Responsibility of union contractors in local bargaining; Basis for industry agreements.
- It isn't broken, so don't fix it. Balgernorth, Robert L. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/10/97, Vol. 238 Issue 10, p61
Opinion. Focuses on the effect of a prevailing wage system on the construction industry in the United States. Submission of bids based on contractor efficiency and competence; Effect of skills investment on the overall construction cost; Effects of the repeal of prevailing wages in nine states...
- WAGE HIKES FOR NONUNION EQUIPMENT OPERATORS WILL AVERAGE 4.9%. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/11/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p71
Focuses on the survey regarding the wage increase for heavy equipment operators in the United States. Efforts of open shop contractors to attract workers; Details on the anticipated wage increase; Assessment of average wage paid for equipment operators.
- Union wages and fringes 1989-1994. // Contractor Magazine;May94, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p1
Presents comparative statistics on construction worker's wages and benefits from 1989 to 1994. Boilermakers; Pipefitters; Plumbers; Sheet metal workers; Dollar increase; Percentage increase.
- Labor commissioner seeks construction wage input. // Las Vegas Business Press;06/04/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23
Reports that Nevada Labor Commissioner Terry Johnson is looking for input to determine the prevailing wage rates for construction industry workers in the state. Formula used by Johnson in calculating wage averages.