Mauritius: Singapore of the Indian Ocean
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 41, p22
Presents charts and a graph related to investments in the U.S. as of October 27, 2003. Bank stocks.
- Prices Soar in Distressed Debt. Husband, Sarah // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 42, p14
Focuses on the distressed debt market in the U.S. Prices of distressed debt; Ratio of downgrades to upgrades; Opportunities offered by the market for investors; Impact of recovery rates on the distressed market; High yielding opportunities in the distressed debt market.
- NEWSBITE. // Credit Management;Aug2003, p9
Reports on the return of Ernie as an investment option in Great Britain.
- Investment activity in countries of the Commonwealth. Komarov, V. // Problems of Economic Transition;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p83
Focuses on the investment activities of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries. Decline of the volume of capital investments in productive construction; Impact of insufficient investment to the integrity of production; Factors that influence the investment processes in CIS...
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;09/12/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30229, p44
Presents statistics depicting investment trends in the United States, as of September 12, 1997. Pre-tax equivalent figures; Performance of Treasuries.
- Separate municipalities craft deals in the back-to-school spirit. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p6
Focuses on the investment deals undertaken by municipalities in the United States to spark the interest of retail investors. Attempts by the Kent School District No. 415 to seek a general obligation and advance refunding scheme; Short-term investment structure in Ohio.
- In Texas as elsewhere, new-issue surge can be a two-edged sword for secondary. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;09/30/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30241, p9
Reports on the increased investment demand in the Southwestern States in the last quarter of 1997. Companies leading the investment trend in the area; Highlights of investment activities in Texas; Impact of the trend in creating a secondary supply.
- Colorado's biggest pool makes a louder splash, but will it lose the local touch? Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;12/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30288, p6
Reports on the growth of the local government investment pool of Colorado. Information on the market share acquired by the pools; Examination of the continuous growth plans outlined by the Colorado Local Government Liquid Asset Trust; Identification of the growth come at the expense of local...
- Players try to entice investors with insurance, call protection. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p8
Presents information pertaining investors and investing in the United States. Efforts of minicipal firms to try and entice investors to buy several deals; Scheduled date New Orleans' general obligation bonds will be issued; Competition among Florida retail investors and institutions for insured...
- FOMC Cuts Rates By 25 Basis Points. Floyd, Daniel F.; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p2
Focuses on several business-related developments in the U.S. investment industry as of June 28, 2001. Reduction in the target for the federal funds rate and discount rate by the Federal Open Market Committee; Announcement by the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury regarding debt buyback operation for...