IRS Trains Spotlight on Three New Potential Abuses
- Market Frets Over BAR Prices, IRS. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;4/14/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33299, p1
The article reports on the debate between Build America Bond (BAB) transaction participants in the U.S. It says that the debate is on whether BAB needs to focus more on track process or to respond to an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) compliance check. It cites the lack of clarity on American...
- IRS Focusing On Abusive Muni Deals. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p1
The article reports on the statement of U.S. Internal Revenue Service officials concerning the agency's tax-exempt bond enforcement program. Officials stressed out that the program has made significant inroads into abusive deals and will focus on the professionals behind the transactions....
- Several Mutual Funds Rush To Settle Audits With IRS. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/26/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32246, p1
Reports on the attempt of several tax-exempt mutual funds to settle U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits on behalf of their bondholders. Amount involved in the multifamily housing bonds settled with the agency by a subsidiary of Gold Banc Corp.; Statement of Charles Anderson, field manager...
- IRS Still Just Gathering BAB Info, Tax-Exempt Chief Says. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/10/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33331, p5
The article reports on the effort of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to gather sufficient information regarding Build America Bond (BAB) audits in the U.S. Clifford Gannett of IRS says that such information may likely came from compliance check questionnaires that are sent to every BAB...
- IRS to Audit Hundreds of BAB Deals. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/27/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33324, p1
The article offers information on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit one in two Build America Bond (BAB) transactions. As a result, IRS would conduct more than 672 BAB audits on 1,345 issues totaling 104.78 billion dollars. The plan has prompted Ben Watkins, bond...
- IRS: Most YB Claims Won't Hurt Bonds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31186, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's announcement that bond issuers can receive money from settlements of class action yield-burning suits without jeopardizing the tax-exempt status of their bonds. Conditions and requirements to avail of such right; Positive impact of the...
- IRS Sets Its Sights on Missing Responses to Arbitrage Survey. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30937, p1
Reports on the failure of some issuers of private-activity bonds, randomly selected to participate in a mandatory United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) arbitrage compliance survey, to reply to the agency by the deadline. Aim of the survey; Questions asked in the survey.
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;2/25/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33866, p6
The article offers information on several issues related to the bond market of the U.S. including proposal of the U.S. Barack Obama for America Fast Forward bonds, declaration of taxable interest earnings by Internal Revenue Service and addition of two large water deals to the primary market.
- IRS Finalizes Rules Covering Tran Deals. // Bond Buyer;5/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31378, p5
Reports the release of the finalized guidance for tax revenue anticipation notes (Trans) by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Adjustments in the bond market; Sales of Trans by localities; Inflation of the projected cash deficits.