Lobby Group Pushing New Funding for Roads
- Road bill could pave the way for larger DOT issue. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/31/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30610, p4
Reports that Virginia Governor James Gilmore has signed a pared-down road bond bill. Raising of the debt authorization for two highway programs; Backing from appropriations from the general fund.
- Gilmore Wants $700 Million of Bonds, More Spending in Virginia's Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p6
Reports on the amendments proposed by Virginia governor James S. Gilmore III on the state's budget for the 2001-to-2002 biennium. Issuance of tax-exempt bonds in 2001; Key components of Gilmore's proposed budgetary amendments; Increase in state spending levels for fiscal years 2001 and 2002.
- Virginia: Roanoke's Share. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p31
Reports on the announcement of Virginia's governor James S. Gilmore that he has awarded a portion of the state's private-activity bond allocation to the city of Roanoke. Amount of the bond that the city will use to issue tax-exempt bonds for area development; Administrators of the state's...
- Closer Look at Virginia Tobacco Plan Draws Mixed Reviews. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p30
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds and public finance in Virginia. Governor James S. Gilmore's proposal to repeal the state's car tax; Gilmore's support to a proposed legislation to issue tax-exempt revenue bonds backed by the state's future payments under the national tobacco...
- Outgoing Virginia Governor Pushes $1 Billion Bond Plan for Higher Ed . Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p3
Focuses on the proposal of Virginia's Governor James S. Gilmore for state lawmakers to enact higher education bond package. Debate to eliminate budget shortfall for the fiscal year 2002; Aim of the bond to build technologically advanced college campuses.
- Virginia Governor creates commission to focus on transportation planning. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30646, p29
Announces Virginia Governor James Gilmore's appointment of a 21-member commission to examines the state's system of financing transportation. Problems with current transportation planning process; Examination of the management practices of the state Department of Transportation.
- Transportation Plan Calls for Tobacco Debt, Garvees. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30717, p4
Reports on Virginia Governor James Gilmore's transportation financing plan that will raise $600 million from a tobacco settlement securitization. Acceleration of highway and bridge projects; Issuance of grant anticipation revenue vehicles.
- Traffic levels up, profits lag behind. // Fleet Owner;Dec97, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p46
Analyzes the financial performance of motor carriers in the United States, as of the second quarter of 1996. Struggle of carriers to maintain costs; Factors contributing to traffic increase; Assessment of yearly revenues of individual carriers.
- Paving Virginia's Future. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30865, p1
Focuses on Virginia General Assembly's approval of a bill authorizing Virginia to issue grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds. Pressure from frustrated motorists; Speculation on Governor James Gilmore's stand on the bill; Funds for transport needs of the state.