More Cuts in California?
- Milwaukee County Awaits OK to Issue Pension Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32829, p3
The article reports on the approval of the legislation which would allow Milwaukee County, Wisconsin to issue bonds to restructure its $330 million unfunded pension liability. The bill is expected to be soon signed by Gov. Jim Doyle. County executive Scott Walker said that the issuance of...
- Indianapolis Hopes to Issue Pension Obligation Bonds With Legislature's OK. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/25/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32554, p4
The article focuses on the plan of the Indiana General Assembly to review proposed changes in legislation that would allow Indianapolis officials the flexibility to issue $450 million of pension obligation bonds. Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson introduced the plan to use bonds to finance the...
- Pension Bill Irks Experts. Quigley, Joan // Bond Buyer;2/14/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33466, p1
The article reports on the pension bill that would forbid bond experts from issuing tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. It mentions that the bill was introduced by California Representative Devin Nunes. According to the author, the bill would necessitate both state and local governments to submit...
- Analysts: Lingering Rhode Island Pension Suit Casts Pall. Burton, Paul // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;4/22/2014, p4
The article discusses how Rhode Island's failure to settle a lawsuit challenging its 2011 pension overhaul is causing uncertainty over its finances. It notes that Rhode Island's general obligation bonds is rated Aa2 with a negative outlook by Moody's which indicated that the state's 222 million...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p34
Presents an overview of various laws and legislation related to bond market in the U.S. Provisions of U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Developments related to America's Better Classrooms Act of 2003; Provisions of National Defense Rail Act.
- In West Virginia, Two Bond Bills Move Forward. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p4
Reports on the approval of two bond-related proposals by West Viginia's House Finance Committee on February 26, 2003. Provisions of the proposals; Estimated outlay of the proposals; Last day of the legislature's regular session.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p37
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer legislative status report. Legislation; Proposed law; Status.
- S.C. Lawmakers Vote to Reject Aid For Restructuring Toll Road Debt. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p3
The article reports on the opposition of legislators in South Carolina to legislation for restructuring over 200 million dollars of tax-exempt bonds for a 16-mile toll road in Greenville.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33569, p24
A chart is presented that lists several legislation related to bond buyer in the U.S. in 2011 including the Bipartisan Tax fairness and Simplification Act of 2011, Simplified, Manageable and Responsible Tax Act and Public Law: Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2011.