When welcome conduct becomes unwelcome
- PERU: LAW PASSED TO PROTECT WOMEN FROM SEXUAL HARASSMENT. // Women's International Network News;Autumn2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p76
Reports on the enactment of a legislation by the Peruvian government against sexual harassment in February 2003. Proposals for employers to comply with the law; Provisions of the law.
- Dirty business. Watson, Simon // Lawyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p23
Analyzes legal cases addressing sexual relations between employees in Great Britain. Case overviews; Employment tribunal decisions; Laws relevant to the cases.
- Well-meaning law creates 'monster' that will struggle to function. Younson, Fraser // People Management;5/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p36
The article reports on the new employment rules in Great Britain which state that employers have been legally responsible for any sexual harassment their employees receive in the course of their employment since April 6, 2008. The new rules provide no cut-off period. There is nothing to say...
- Sex discrimination. // Employers Law;May2007, p11
The article focuses on the court case Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) v Secretary of State for Trade and Industry involving sex discrimination in Great Britain. The Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (SDA) has been amended by the Employment Equality (Sex Discrimination) Regulations 2005...
- Employment law Q&A. Greenwald, Joel J. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/13/2003-1/20/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p20
Presents question and answer advisory on labor laws in New York. Applicability of the law proposed by Governor George Pataki; Prevention of sexual harassment in the workplace; Disciplinary actions against alcohol dependent employees.
- UKRAINE: JOB DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN WIDESPREAD. // Women's International Network News;Autumn2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p75
Presents information on the report "Women's Work: Discrimination Against Women in the Ukrainian Labor Force" from the Human Rights Watch. Prevalence of job discrimination against women in Ukraine; Stereotypes in the job market; Treaties signed by the Ukrainian government outlawing job...
- Employment law timetable 2005. Couzins, Martin // Personnel Today;4/5/2005, p14
No abstract available.
- EEOC Withdraws Proposed Harassment Guidelines. // Labor Law Journal;Nov94, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p729
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) published a withdrawal of proposed guidelines on workplace harassment. The proposed "Guidelines on Harassment Based on Race, Color, Religion, Gender, National Origin, Age or Disability" were published in the Federal Register of October 1,...
- Die Einf�hrung des britischen Mindestlohns: Ursprf�nge, Umsetzung und Wirkungen. Croucher, Richard // Arbeit;2005, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p94
This article discusses the origins, operation and consequences of the introduction of a national minimum wage in Britain, making links to the current discussion in Germany. The minimum wage mainly affects non-union women and ethnic minorities. The law introducing the minimum wage was surrounded...