Undergraduate political attitudes
- College students' attitudes towards living organisms: The influence of experience & knowledge. Yore, Lola Boeck; Boyer, Stan // American Biology Teacher;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p558
Explores the different kinds of attitudes of college students towards other species. Methodology used in study; Descriptions of attitude; Correlation between knowledge and attitude revealed; What results showed about attitude variations between the students and other living things.
- An Assessment Of College Students' Attitudes And Empathy Toward Rape. Ching, Chwee Lye; Burke, Sloane // College Student Journal;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p573
The purpose of this study was to assess rape attitudes and empathy levels of a sample of college students (N=387), using the Attitudes Toward Rape questionnaire and the Rape Empathy Scale. Dependent variables were attitudes toward rape and empathy for rape survivors and independent variables...
- Interaction Of Religion And Science: Development Of A Questionnaire And The Results Of It's Administration To Undergraduates. Brazelton, Elizabeth W.; Frandsen, John C.; Mckown, Delos B.; Brown, Charles D. // College Student Journal;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p623
A questionnaire was developed and administered to undergraduate students to assess the influence of religiosity on their attitudes toward science as a career and their belief in scientific evidence and concepts. The results indicate that religiosity does influence these attitudes and is a factor...
- Examining Codependency In A College Population. Cretser, Gary A.; Lombardo, William K. // College Student Journal;Dec99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p629
This paper examines the occurrence of codependency in a college-age population. The association between various measures of codependency is investigated in a sample of 165 college students. Almost 50% of our university subjects were familiar with the term codependency. Most of the respondents...
- College as a gendered experience. Smith, Daryl G.; Morrison, Diane E. // Journal of Higher Education;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p696
Discusses a longitudinal study of the experiences of men and women during four years of college in the United States. Patterns of change; Pattern of change during College for men's and women's self-ratings; Pattern of change during college for men's and women's views.
- Influences on Students' Openness to Diversity and Challenge in the First Year of College. Pascarella, Ernest T.; Edison, Marcia // Journal of Higher Education;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p174
Discusses the factors that influence American students' openness to diversity and challenge during their first year of college. Precollege openness to diversity and challenge; Precollege academic motivation; Student social and nonacademic experiences; Environmental emphasis of the institutions...
- Great(er) Expectations. Trout, Paul // National Forum;Spring2000, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p3
Discusses the challenge in teaching college students. Typical complaint from college professors; Solution to the problem of the disengaged attitude of students.
- Students think love conquers all. // USA Today Magazine;Dec93, Vol. 122 Issue 2583, p15
Reports on a study of college students designed to measure relationship expectations. Measure of dysfunctional beliefs; Assessment of expectations in four stages of relationships; Optimism among students; Self-serving bias; Set-up for marital dissatisfaction.
- Students probe the promise of American dreams. Cooke, Adam // Christian Science Monitor;7/3/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 153, p14
Presents the opinions of college students in the United States on what constitutes the American dream, their comments on freedom, and a list of questions from the U.S. citizenship test interview.