Bottom's Line: A Midsummer Night's Musing
- Minding Your 'Alpha-Bets' Gresham, Stephen D. // On Wall Street;Mar2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p70
Presents guidelines for financial advisors on adding value to services beyond their clients' expectations. Importance of the ability of advisors to proactively provide clients with good ideas; Suggestions on the creation of critical objectives for clients; Opportunities offered by the number of...
- Building client relationships--from the ground up. // Money Management;11/27/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p36
Reports on the client relationship established by financial planners in Australia. List of high profile jobs compared to financial planning; Problem experienced with a planner.
- Smart Ways to Bring in 2nd Generation Clients. Rozen, Miriam // Financial-planning.com;11/27/2015, p4
The article presents tips from financial experts on how should financial consultants be able to forge relationship with the children of their clients for handling its inheritance and asset value.
- Financial planning's domino effect. Griffin, Ray // Money Management;3/29/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p16
The article discusses the impact of a financial planner's advice on the family of the client receiving it. He says that a good financial planning advice is beneficial to the immediate and extended families of the client. The Financial Planning Association (FPA) claims that its members provide...
- Use Discovery Agreements to Ease Implementation. Melchinger, John H. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1997, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p102
This article discusses the use of discovery agreements to bridge the gap between financial planners and their clients. The discovery agreement helps financial advisers bridge the gaps--between the intense fact-finding and the anticipated intense presentation of recommendations. Discovery...
- Life Stories. KASS, ELLIOT // Onwallstreet.com;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p48
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of how she became financial planner and putting her clients' interests first.
- Positive charge. Byrne, Tony // Money Marketing;1/10/2013, p21
The author comments on how the government's Retail Distribution Review (RDR) helps create better relationships between clients and independent financial advisers (IFA) in Great Britain.
- Be Your Brand. Leder, Gerri // On Wall Street;Mar2005, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p71
Focuses on the importance of building an identity for financial advisors. Role of positioning in explaining an approach to a business which is different from competitors; Factors for determining the brand personality of a financial advisor; Advice on practicing a business philosophy aimed at...
- Curbing Conflict. Bearden, Frank C. // Financial Planning;Nov2006, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p111
The article focuses on addressing conflicts of interest between financial planners and their clients. It is claimed that the primary solution in such incident is by removing the source of conflict. If the source is irremovable, a planner should disclose the conflict with his client, resign with...