Multi-Fund Diversification Issues
- Diversification Made Simple. // On Wall Street;Sep2004, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p111
Provides information on two types of asset allocation fund that can be used by financial advisors to diversify their clients' portfolios in a single investment. Balanced funds; Fund of funds.
- The Rush To Diversify. MARKMAN, ROBERT // Financial Planning;Mar1999, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p232
Comments on the conventional methods of diversification. Best approach to portfolio management; Discussion on asset allocation.
- Return to spender. Popplewell, Keith // Money Marketing;12/18/2003, p26
Discusses asset allocation in Great Britain. Projected returns from each of the major classes and sectors; Naming of major asset classes as cash, fixed interest, index-linked gilts, commercial investment property funds and equities; Most convenient and reliable source of information on rates of...
- DOES ASSET ALLOCATION EXPLAIN THE STYLES AND PERFORMANCE OF UNIT TRUST FUNDS: A STYLE ANALYSIS WITH EVIDENCE FROM MALAYSIA. Yeap, Lau Wee // Kajian Malaysia: Journal of Malaysian Studies;2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p1
The article presents a study on the role of asset allocation in the styles and performance of unit trust funds in the mutual funds industry in Malaysia. The author aims to attribute the performance of unit trust funds to respective asset allocation and investment policies in their portfolios....
- Don't sell, just rebalance. // Money Today;Nov2010, p25
This article provides ideas for mutual funds in India on improving their portfolios and organizing their asset allocation. It advises mutual funds to make such moves since the stock market is growing. It observes that the surge in equities has changed the allocation of assets of mutual funds....
- Indiana TRF Launches Real Estate Searches. M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;2/5/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p2
This article reports on the move of Indiana State Teachers' Retirement Fund (TRF) to issue an RFIs for a value-added real estate commingled fund manager and for a real estate core comingled fund manager. TRF has a total asset of $4.8 billion. It explains that each portfolio will be between $70...
- Waning Days for the Wrap Fee. Lutschaunig, Art // On Wall Street;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p88
Discusses expectations for a continued scrutiny of wrap fees and disclosures of managed accounts due to a growing emphasis on compliance, as of October 2005. Core components of the fee structure; Factors affecting mutual fund programs; Steps in examining activities in the managed account sector.
- Planners' Grasp of SMAs Moves Forward. Voyles, Bennett // Money Management Executive;10/13/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 40, p1
Reports on new concepts developed by financial advisers in allocating separately managed accounts (SMA) in the U.S., as of October 2003. Information on the controlling account concept and the core and explore concept; Reason for combining mutual funds and SMA in many accounts; Effect of the...
- Wary advisers shrug off credit crunch. // Fund Strategy;11/26/2007, p5
The author reflects on the factors that contribute to the stability of the asset allocations of the 19 advisers on the Adviser Fund Index (AFI) panel in Great Britain. He observes that the asset allocations of these advisers are not affected by the credit crunch in the country. He claims that...