IRS to Reconsider Travelers Group Ruling
- Don't Leave Them Stranded. Ward, Judy // Plan Adviser;Dec2015, p5
The article offers information on highly compensated employees (HCEs) and how they can maximize their retirement savings. Topics include limits imposed by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on their individual contributions, the requirements for passing nondiscrimination testing, and making...
- Stock option contribution approved for 401(k) plan. // Practical Accountant;May97, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p66
Reports on the approval by the US Internal Revenue Service of the use of stock options for contribution to a publicly held company's 410(k) plan. Permission to make contributions in cash and options to purchase its common stock; Deduction of the fair market value of the options; Consideration of...
- Stock options in qualified retirement plans: The inside story of... Hildebrandt, David A. // Corporate Legal Times;Jun97, Vol. 7 Issue 67, p41
Opinion. Focuses on Private Letter Ruling (PLR) issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to the Travelers Group Incorporated approving stock options in qualified retirement plans. Background of the issue; Objective and terms of the 401(k) plan; Potentially controversial issues regarding...
- IRS reviews pension rules. // Employee Benefit News;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to re-write many of its retirement plan regulations. Target date for the revisions of 401(k) and 401(m) regulations; Increase in the applications for GUST determination letter of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act.
- Boosting your retirement plan contributions. Alderman, Jason // Ellis County Press;1/ 5/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p3
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to increase the annual contribution of the 401(k) retirement plans in 2012.
- Retirement Plans Can Make Loans, Distributions to Matthew Victims. Stimpson, Jeff // Accountingtoday.com;10/23/2016, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has said that 401(k)s and similar employer-sponsored retirement plans may make loans and hardship distributions to victims of Hurricane Matthew and their families which include North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.
- Taking Stock of A 401(k) First. // Financial Executive;May/June97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p9
The article discusses using stock options as investment into 401(k) retirement plans for employees. Travelers Group will be giving full-time employees stock options that are worth 10% of their salary or up to $40,000 as of June 30, 1997. However, employees will only be able to exercise 20% of...
- Planners in the Workplace. Wolosky, Howard W. // Practical Accountant;Oct2004, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p32
The article focuses on financial planning by employees in various workplace. There is a growing phenomenon of financial plans being brought in to educate employees. It takes different firms including a lecture on 401(k) and company benefits, meetings on comprehensive financial planning and...
- Declare financial independence. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;7/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 153, p9
Discusses investment in corporate retirement programs like 401(k) plans. Money contributed by United States employees into 401(k) plans; The difficulty in assessing the quality of retirement plans; Issues of quality and cost; Recommendations to employers; Vigilance concerning administrative...