Innovations in Financial Planning
- Manulife Adjusts to Bank Purchases of Brokers. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;04/12/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 71, p8
Focuses on the strategy adopted by Toronto, Ontario-based insurance company, Manulife Financial Corp. for its distribution force in the United States in order to adjust to bank purchases of brokerages. Assessment of the regional banking industry by Robert Cassato, chief executive of its unit,...
- Canada's Manulife Closes 3 Purchases. // American Banker;4/9/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 68, p9
Reports on Manulife Financial's completion of purchases of three insurance companies from Canada and Japan. Total number of new policies and funds under management acquired by Manulife through the acquisitions.
- Unintended Consequences: When Good Estate Plans Cause Bad Problems. Gallo, Jon J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p34
The author reflects on the impact which intimate relationships can have on a person's estate planning. The financial implications from a couple separating are discussed. The place in which pre-nuptial agreements play in protecting a person's estate is mentioned. Various options which investors...
- All Should Plan but Facing Need Eludes too Many. // San Diego Business Journal;9/30/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 39, pS1
The article discusses the importance of business exit planning, be it estate or charitable, noting that the planners, mortgage and acquisition attorneys, certified public accountants, and business valuation planners have respective roles in making a thoughtful plan for such a business matter.
- Agreement Promoting Cross-Border Client Accommodations, Reached By ING U.S., Manulife Financial. // Insurance Advocate;6/02/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the agreement between ING and Manulife Financial to allow the two companies greater cross-border accommodation for their respective clients with employees in both the U.S. and Canada. Aim to strengthen the bond between the two companies; Creation of a simplified method through which...
- Manulife to List On 401(k) Info Site. Hunter, Matthew // American Banker;3/22/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 56, p7
Reports that Toronto, Ontario-based insurance and financial services company Manulife Financial has agreed to be listed on 401kExchange.com.
- Canada Life Financial Cool To Manulife Financial's Bid To Acquire Major Share Position. // Insurance Advocate;12/16/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 47, p32
Reports the plans of Manufacturers Life Financial Corp. of Canada to acquire the common shares of Canada Life Financial Corp. in Canada. Impact of the acquisition on the insurance industry; Increase of market capitalization; Complementary strengths of Manulife and Canada Life.
- Malaysia: Manulife eyes takaful market. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;May2104, p17
The article presents the author's view regarding the 6% year-over-year increase of the gross premiums of an insurance company, Manulife Financial Corp. associated with the 8% on its net profit in Malaysia.
- New Approach To Simplify 401(k) Retirement Planning Process Announced By Manulife USA. // Insurance Advocate;8/11/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 30, p8
Reports on the method created by the insurance firm Manulife USA for the retirement planning process in Boston, Massachusetts. Method features; Benefits of the process for the clients; Web site of the firm.