Avoiding a Bath
- FLOOD SERVICES:. // National Mortgage News;4/22/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p15
Focuses on the coverage of flood insurance in Kentucky. Condition for obtaining a mortgage loan; Rise on the cost of insurance; Legislation of a federal law involving flood insurance in the state.
- Did Floyd Leave a Void? Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;09/25/99, Vol. 110 Issue 38, p12
Presents an analogy between the fire that destroyed a row of store along Main Street and Hurricane Floyd which swept Bound Brook, New Jersey. Cause of the fire; Analysis of the exclusions of both the fire and flood insurance policies.
- Jury finds insurer/broker failed to follow insured's order... // Insurance Advocate;06/13/98, Vol. 109 Issue 24, p24
Reports on the verdict of a jury on a legal battle over the limits of a flood insurance policy issued by the Hartfod Fire Insurance Company to a printing firm in St. Louis. Amount of the verdict; Defense of both parties.
- Flood Insurance Should be Extended During 2003. // Community Banker;Jun2003, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the call of America's Bankers Association in April 2003 for the U.S. Congress to reauthorize the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Importance of NFIP to mortgage lenders; Terms under the NFIP; Background on a legislation that would reauthorize the NFIP.
- LENDERS SEEK RENEWAL OF NFIP FOR YEARS. // National Mortgage News;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p24
Reports that mortgage lenders are urging the Congress to reauthorize the National Flood Insurance Program in the U.S.
- Enlighten clients on flood cover deadline. Sherwood-Rogers, James // Mortgage Strategy;12/5/2011, p30
The article presents the author's views on the future of flood insurance in Great Britain. He says that the Statement of Principles agreement between the government and the Association of British Insurers will expire on June 30, 2013. According to him, the end of agreement will make it difficult...
- Loan Buyers Are Worried that Flood Coverage May Not Be Adequate. // Mortgage Servicing News;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p17
Reports that lenders and their insurance partners are facing renewed pressure from federal agencies to ensure that properties at risk of flood damage carry adequate insurance in the U.S. Requirements set by secondary market agencies for homeowners to carry adequate coverage to offset likely...
- That one in one hundred year event can happen tomorrow. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;06/08/96, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p12
Gives advice on flood insurance in the United States. Property damages due to natural disasters; Affordability of coverages; Understanding the coverages.
- When disaster strikes. Parent, Tawn // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/22/95, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p15
Reports on the investigation by insurance policy holders in New Orleans, Louisiana of their policies in the wake of the May 1995 floods. Risk classification of homes and businesses; Amount of insurance caps; Cost of lack of coverage; Work of insurance adjusters; Other types of casualty insurance.