The New American Dream
- Disney is getting into `Debt.' C.L // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p33
Focuses on the game show from Disney's Buena Vista Television, which is entitled `Debt'. Name of host; Television station where Debt will debut on June 3 1996; Time of broadcast; Information on the show.
- Debtors clearinghouse. // Christian Science Monitor;8/15/96, Vol. 88 Issue 183, p20
Comments on the television game show `Debt.' Mechanics of the contest.
- Tic-tac-owe. Geier, Thom // U.S. News & World Report;6/03/96, Vol. 120 Issue 22, p13
Mentions a game show called `Debt' on the Lifetime cable network. Host Wink Martindale; Premise that contestants arrive with between $6,000 and $10,000 in debt and try to head into the black by answering pop-culture questions.
- Syndication owes `Debt' to Lifetime. Spring, Greg // Electronic Media;01/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p5
Reports that Buena Vista Television's `Debt' is preparing to test the syndication waters with WWJ-TV, Detroit. Plans of Buena Vista; Comments from Janice Marinelli, executive vice president of Buena Vista Television.
- Game for anything. Carlin, Peter; Baker, Ken // People;10/28/96, Vol. 46 Issue 18, p75
Profiles Wink Martindale, of `Tic Tac Dough' fame, and host of the game show `Debt.' Executive Michael Davies' view of Martindale; Martindale's game show history; Martindale's life; Martindale's view of `Debt'; Martindale's plans for the future.
- Picks & pans: Tube. Hiltbrand, D. // People;8/26/91, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p9
Reviews the television program `Dollars and Debts.`
- A wink and a prayer. Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;08/16/96, Issue 340, p50
Reviews and rates the television programs `Debt' and `Jeopardy!'
- BVT goes `Debt'-free. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;03/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p52
Reports that Buena Vista Television (BVT) company began airing the television game show `Debt,' free to several stations to test its syndication possibilities. Details on game shows being shown by BVT; Comments from Mort Marcus, President of BVT; Information on the game show `Let's Make a Deal.'
- BVTV charges up `Debt' game. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter;12/5/95, Vol. 340 Issue 6, p4
Reports that Buena Vista Television is developing a new syndicated game show, `Debt,' in which contestants will try to reduce their credit card debts. Comparison with other game shows.