A Mutual Decision
- Texas to Launch Search, Review Managers. Forde, Arnella J. // Investment Management Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the search of Texas Permanent School Fund for a manager to oversee an indexed international equity allocation. Value of the fund; Impact of a plan to review internal and external manager lineup.
- Bricks & Mortar and Junk Bonds. // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p24
Overviews the valuations in four asset classes of mutual funds as of April 2003. U.S. stocks; Foreign stocks; Real estate investment trusts; High-yield bonds.
- Are social housing REITs viable to help plug the funding gap? DIXON, ANNABEL // Estates Gazette;4/14/2012, Issue 1215, p54
The article looks at the viability of social housing (SH) real estate investment trusts (REIT) to help fill the funding gap facing housing associations in Great Britain. A survey by accountancy firm BDO revealed that 78% of SH providers, who has more than 10,000 units, were willing to convert to...
- REITs Expected to Lift U.K. Property Markets. // National Mortgage News;6/19/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the expected introduction of the real estate investment trust format in Great Britain. Commentators are seeing boom times for the real estate listed sector according to Martin Graham, director of market services of the London Stock Exchange. London, England has become the...
- Have Stocks, REITs, and Bonds Gone Too Far? // Financial Planning;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p20
Presents a monthly analysis of stocks, real-estate investment trust and bonds. Reason huge optimism is a bad sign; Discussion on the risk and return tradeoff in investment-grade bonds.
- A Mid-Year Asset Overview. // Financial Planning;Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p14
Provides an overview of the mid-year assets in the U.S. as of August 2004. Factors that put the stock market in the middle of its fair-value range; Status of the real estate investment trust market; Role of investment-grade bonds in a portfolio; Percentage of the U.S. current account deficit.
- Missouri SERS Plots Course For Real Estate. D. N. // Investment Management Weekly;12/22/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p4
Presents information on the allocation of funds for real-estate managers by the Missouri State Employees' Retirement System. Real-estate ventures where the plan is free to invest in; Amount that resides in an internally managed real-estate investment trusts; Amount to be invested in timber;...
- REITs Post Strong Rise in November. // National Mortgage News;12/5/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p22
The article informs that Real estate investment trusts (REIT) stocks regained some ground after some tough months in November 2005. It boosted their total returns year-to-date. According to the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, the REIT sector posted a 4.3% gain in November,...
- How to buy real estate investment trusts. D.R.F. // Christian Science Monitor;2/8/99, Vol. 91 Issue 50, p16
Offers advice on purchasing real estate investment trusts (REIT). Expectations REIT shares will recover in 1999; Investing in mutual funds rather than individual stocks; Contact information; The variety of commercial buildings in which REITs specialize; Comments of Steven Wechsler, president of...