Fight over PVC projects escalates
- How I see it. Smilansky, Shaz // PRWeek (London);10/16/2009, p16
The article discusses the feat made by members of the Greenpeace organization in a protest over climate change. The author believes that the risks taken by the Greenpeace campaigners will give a negative impact on people's perception of the Greenpeace movement. The author suggests that the...
- Brickbats and bobcats. Syvret, Paul // Bulletin with Newsweek;07/11/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6232, p22
Reports on the environmental organization Greenpeace's protest against the Stuart oil shale project in Australia. Potential greenhouse gas impact of the project; Stuart partners' formation of the Queensland Emissions Trading Forum; Protesters' use of bobcats to put oil shale from a stockpile...
- Greenpeace targets paper and pulp firms in Indonesia protest. Morris, Helen // PrintWeek;11/13/2009, p16
The article reports on the demonstration staged by Greenpeace aimed at preventing the destruction of rainforests in Indonesia. Such destruction is blamed on paper and pulp producers. Greenpeace activists completed the construction of a dam across one of the canals built to drain the rainforest...
- TAKING ACTION�. // PRWeek (London);7/29/2011, p10
The article focuses on the protest by Greenpeace against Cairn Energy on July 18, 2011 at Cairn's offices in Edinburgh, Scotland over the company's oil spill response plan to drilling in the Arctic.
- Greenpeace bravado in Tiananmen Square rattles Chinese. Tefft, Sheila // Christian Science Monitor;8/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 183, p7
Discusses the protest at Tiananmen Square in Beijing by Greenpeace environmental crusaders against Chinese nuclear-weapons testing on August 15, 1995. Its implications.
- ON THE BARRICADES. // Ecologist;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p16
The article offers information on blockades and protests held in Great Britain. Faslane nuclear base on the west coast of Scotland has been subjected to a number of high-profile blockades ever since Great Britain's trident submarine fleet moved there in 1994. In 2003, the Green Gloves Pledge to...
- Shintech PVC plant steeped in La. politics. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;8/18/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p7
Reports that public demonstrations outside the home of Louisiana Republican Governor Mike Foster Jr. have not affected Foster's support of Shintech Corporation's efforts to build a polyvinyl chloride plant in that state. The campaign donation of Shintech to Foster; Plans of the company for the...
- HIT OR MISS. // PRWeek (London);10/16/2009, p16
The article focuses on the protest by Greenpeace campaigners against climate change by climbing the Palace of Westminster roof and presents the opinion of Shaz Smilansky about the effectiveness of the event. The protest was covered in the British press and gained international attention with...
- BP moves in on the Arctic. // Ecologist;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the protests made by Greenpeace activists against BP Amoco's Arctic oil drilling. Effect of the BP Amoco oil drilling to the Arctic ice caps; Belief of the United States Army Corps of Engineers regarding the issue.