Transistor sales continue to rise
- U-H-F transistor. // Electronic Design;10/25/94, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p8
Presents an excerpt from an article in the October 1954 issue of `Electronic Design' magazine about the `p-n-i-p' transistor developed by Bell Telephone Laboratories. Transistor design.
- Power packages pack large dice in standard housing. // EDN;8/15/96 Supplement Literature Link, Vol. 41 Issue 17, pLL6
Introduces the Max220 package from SGS-Thomson. Comparisons with TO-220 package; Advantage of using the Max220 package.
- Nanometer-scale transistor. Free, John; Barnes-Svarney, Patricia // Popular Science;Oct92, Vol. 241 Issue 4, p43
States that Clive Reeves and colleagues at IBM's Thomas J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, New York claim to have developed the world's smallest transistor. Research and development details; Size limitation for transistors.
- Transistor has golden anniversary. // Test & Measurement World;Dec97, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p4
Commemorates the fiftieth anniversary of the invention of the transistor on December 1947. History on the invention of the transistor.
- 40 years ago in electronic design. Sciannamea, Mike; schiff, Debra // Electronic Design;07/21/97, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p48F
Editorial. Presents information on transistors. How they threaten the existence of vacuum tubes; How tubes are taking the lead; Information on transistor heat barriers.
- Bell resizes transistor market. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Dec97, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p27
Announces the development of the world's smallest practical transistor by Bell Laboratories. Capabilities; Other Lucent Technologies' products that will benefit from the advancement.
- 77 K single electron transistor fabricated with 0.1 micro m technology. Altmeyer, S.; Hamidi, A. // Journal of Applied Physics;6/15/1997, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p8118
Discusses metal based single electron transistors fabricated by the step edge cut off process. Deposition of titanium metal lines on prepatterned silicon substrates serving as dielectric barriers for the tunnel junctions; Observed clear Coulomb blockade and Coulomb oscillation features in...
- Dependence of gate control on the aspect ratio in metal/metal-oxide/metal tunnel transistors. Buot, F.A.; Rendell, R.W.; Snow, E.S.; Campbell, P.M.; Park, D.; Marrian, C.R.K.; Mango, R. // Journal of Applied Physics;7/15/1998, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p1133
Studies the dependence of gate control on the aspects ratio in metal/metal-oxide/metal tunnel transistors. Description of gate control in metal-oxide tunneling transistor; Characteristics of metal-oxide tunneling transistor (MOTT).
- 298 K operation of Nb/Nb oxide-based single-electron transistors with reduced size of tunnel... Shirakashi, Jun-ichi; Matsumoto, Kazuhiko; Miura, Naruhisa; Konagai, Makoto // Journal of Applied Physics;5/15/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p5567
Provides information on an experiment which investigated the operation of Nb/Nb oxide-based single-electron transistors at room temperature. Methodology used to conduct the experiment; Initial charging energy of the device; What caused the tunnel junctions to shrink; Results of the experiment.