Diverse and conquer
- Diversity is a road to success. Sanzaro, Lou // C&D Debris Recycling;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p22
Looks at how diversification had made Ocean County Recycling successful as seen through the eyes of its co-owner. Contracting as the company's core service; Reason for its eventual diversification; Equipment selection and installation; Employee hiring and training; Description of the company's...
- Economic diversification opportunities in remote industrial areas. Matuszewski, Jean // Economic Development Review;Winter93, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p61
Focuses the need to explore possible economic diversification opportunities to aid the economies of rural communities in Canada. Business attraction; Import substitution; Value-adding; Developing business services; Encouraging local cottage industries; Developing a communication plan.
- Diversification--who needs it? Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;05/25/98, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p17
Analyzes why economic industrial diversification will not work for the state of Nevada. Description of the tax structure of Nevada; Incompatibility of Nevada's tax structure with diversification; Impact of a recession on Nevada; Reasons to continue focusing on tourism.
- Market diversification: `Going international'. Russow, Lloyd C. // Review of Business;Spring96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on market diversification. Identification of potential markets; Commitment and adaptability issues; Data analysis process.
- Diversification: A broader perspective. Byrd, John; Hickman, Kent // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on diversification which plays an important role in personal investment field and in corporate strategy. When diversification is commonplace; Diversification on investment managers; Different examples of corporate diversification; More.
- Diversifying can work--sometimes. Gautier, Adele // NZ Business;Jun97, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the impact of diversification on business enterprises in New Zealand. Why companies opt for diversification; Why liquid resins manufacturer Nuplex Industries chose to diversify; Importance of market research when diversification is an option. INSET: Eastern promise..
- Promoting industrial diversification. // Global Finance;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p86
Discusses several developments related to the promotion and expansion of several industries in Pernambuco, Brazil. Includes sugar industry; Mining industry; Agriculture industry; Identification of high-priority investment projects.
- Dusting off diversification. McCallum, John S. // Business Quarterly;Spring97, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p81
Presents information on the use of diversification by managers to function effectively. Effect of the proper use of diversification; Relationship between diversification and risk; How finance scholars led the way in developing theories of diversification's usefulness in practical management...
- Measure results for program success. Majors, Gail; Sinclair, Mary-Jane // HR Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p57
Reports on the measurement of diversification programs of industries. Citing of strategic linkage by Maryann Donahoe of Michigan Consolidated Gas Co.; Pitney Bowes' monitoring of business goals; Motorola's companywide involvement.