Cashing in on C&D
- Superchute solution. // International Construction;Apr98, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p72
Reports on E&A Scaffolding's use of the Supachute brand of rubbish chute to remove debris during a relaying of a flat roof in Luton, England. Challenges in installing the chute on the building; Features of the product.
- For local construction cos., dumping waste is hard to do. Bonura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/09/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p17
Reports on the difficulty faced by New Orleans, Louisiana builders in disposing of construction debris. Stringent government control on dumps; Scarcity of landfills in the area; Costs of dumping debris.
- Passing the buck. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;08/01/96, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p8
Reports that Peter Yost of the National Association of Home Builders Research Center has urged home builders to include waste disposal in the `supply and install' language in subcontracts.
- Prime choice. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;11/17/97, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p5
Reports the plan by Builders Choice Inc. to open a commercial incinerator to burn construction wood waste in Mississippi. Cost of the incinerator project; Pending approval from the state and city of Southaven, Mississippi.
- N.C. county ups fee to deter C&D dumping. Whitford, Marty // Waste News;09/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the rise in the tipping fee for construction and demolition debris at the North Wake County solid waste landfill in Raleigh, North Carolina. Other strategies launched to discourage the dumping of such waste at the site; Location of the construction and demolition site operated by the...
- SUSTAINABLE WASTE MANAGEMENT ON THE RISE: MCGRAWHILL REPORT. // SA&B Mag: Sustainable Architecture & Building;Nov/Dec2009, Issue 20, p8
The article focuses on the SmartMarket Report, Sustainable Construction Waste Management: Creating Value in the Build Environment of McGraw-Hill Cos. which revealed that 61% of contractors believed that waste management plans are the second most important aspect of green building in Canada.
- Scientists weigh trash to reduce waste, save landfill space. Segelken, Roger // Human Ecology;Winter97, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p2
Reports on a scrap-counting project of Cornell Waste Management Institute, Cornell Center for the Environment and Home Builders Institute which seeks to reduce, recycle and reuse construction waste. Collection and analysis of wastes at a New York State Orange County housing construction site;...
- C&D debris recycling in the Prairie State. Harter, Betsy // Waste Age;Feb2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p88
Focuses on the recycling of construction and demolition (C&D) debris in Illinois. Obstacles to C&D recycling; Recycling companies accepting C&D debris; Similarity of C&D recycling to curbside recycling programs; Cost incentives for C&D recycling.
- C&D waste recycling: Razing consciousness. Hepler, Heather // American City & County;Jan1994, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p32
Features developments in construction waste and demolition debris (C&D) recycling and disposal. Categories of C&D waste; Reduction of percentage sent to landfills; Requirement of material separation plans in construction. INSETS: Clinton cleans up with Clean.., by Alfred Du Bois...