Rock, paper and slivers
- Garbage disposer. Toth, S.; Retseck, G. // Popular Mechanics;May92, Vol. 169 Issue 5, p60
Explains how a garbage disposer works. Invention; Design development; Grinding action; Types of disposers.
- T-REX, king of the wasteland. Dane, Abe; Pope, Greg // Popular Mechanics;Sep92, Vol. 169 Issue 9, p23
Discusses how robotic excavators, a prime research focus in construction automation, may also prove to be a force in hazardous waste cleanup. Details on Martin Marietta's $3.3-million Teleoperated Robotic Excavator, called T-REX.
- Soil washing proving a good bet. Rubin, Debra K. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/19/93, Vol. 231 Issue 3, p27
Features soil-washing technology implemented in the waste cleanup at the King of Prussia Technical Corp. site in Winslow Township, New Jersey. Joint venture of system developer Heidemij and Alternative Remedial Technologies Inc. for the cleanup; Environmental Protection Agency's approval of the...
- Putting a new lid on cleanup costs. Stipe, Suzanne E.; Covaleski, John // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Nov96, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p72
Focuses on the use of new technologies in environmental cleanups. Remediation techniques; Attitudes of regulators on environmental cleanups; Soil vapor extraction; Air purging; Comments from industry consultants.
- Electron beams may help solve toxic-waste woes. Machlis, Sharon // Design News;7/19/93, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p13
Reveals that Zapit Technology has discovered a way to break down hazardous materials into carbon dioxide and water without combustion. Spraying of material with electrons; Potential applications in cleaning up contaminated sites and disposing of industrial waste; Contact information.
- Electrolyze waste, get zero discharge. Teresko, John; Stevens, Tim // Industry Week/IW;12/6/93, Vol. 242 Issue 23, p44
Describes the benefits of electrochemically treating process waste.
- Device hardens waste, inventor says. Leonard, John // Waste News;03/30/98, Vol. 3 Issue 46, p21
Presents information on varios technological innovations in relation to the waste management industry. Reference to Wil Leese's, president of Wilcord Corporation, process that can use 100% of the municipal solid waste feedstock it receives to produce items like fencepost, titles and blocks;...
- SUPPLIER NEWS. // Waste News;5/13/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p38
Reports developments related to the waste product management in the U.S. Development of an environmentally-friendly engine technology by Mack Trucks Inc.; Presentation of award to Foster Wheeler Environment Corp. on clean up contaminated sites; Relocation of the 21st Century Programming in...
- Dust Control. Nagyszalanczy, Sandor // Woodworker's Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on the innovations in dust control and collection in woodworking shops. Impact of wood dust on respiratory health; Association of sawdust-strewn home woodshops with residential fires; Features of barrel top collector; Capability of cartridge filter in collecting dusts; Physical...