- CONTRACTS. // Waste Age;May2001, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p44
Reports developments on government contracts on waste management in the United States.
- Toronto's Trash to Call Michigan Home. Raflo, Brook // Waste Age;Dec2000, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p43
Reports on the search for a waste disposal site in the United States that will handle the trash coming from Toronto, Ontario. Award of disposal contracts to Republic Services Co.; Reason behind the failure of the city's proposed deal with Rail Cycle North; Limitation of the city's waste...
- Waste industries gains assets, contracts. Levey, Amy // Waste Age;Apr99, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p32
Reports on Waste Industries Inc.'s acquisitions in the waste management industry and government contracts for waste management in the United States. Locations of the acquired companies; Scope of the contracts.
- Ethical Dilemma. Shanoff, Barry // Waste Age;Dec2003, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
Discusses the procurement policies of local governments in the U.S. that ban companies involved in illegal operations from bidding on contracts. Background on accusations against the alleged violation of the Procurement Integrity Act by the managers of Boeing Co.; Implication of the procurement...
- No Minor Contract. Grzeskowiak, Jennifer // Waste Age;Nov2006, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the waste collection contract awarded by the city of New Orleans, Louisiana to two waste firms in the city. Determined to clean things up, New Orleans has awarded contracts totaling an estimated $25 million to two Louisiana-based, minority-owned waste firms. In January,...
- WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANIES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p32
A list of the top waste management companies in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including Republic Services, Evergreen Recycling and Industrial Waste Utilization.
- Buyers beware when spec'ing truck replacement parts Sturgess, Steve // World Wastes;Aug1992, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p50
No abstract available.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the acquisition and contract developments of the landfill industry in the United States as of March 1997. Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s acquisition of the R&A Benedr Inc. landfill and collection operations; US Manufacturing Inc.'s acquisition of GDS Screens Inc.; $1.3 million...
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p8
Reports on contracts and distributors in the refuse disposal industry in the United States as of March 1997. Rader Resource Recovery Inc.'s contract from Reciclados Industriales de Mexico (RIMEX); Rust Environment and Infrastructure's $8 million; Mid-Atlantic Plastic Systems, Inc. appointed the...