Bringing in outsiders gives family business a boost
- FAMILY-OWNED BUSINESSES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p82
A list of the top family-owned businesses in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked by number of employees is presented, including Whittlesea-Bell Transportation, Jerry's Nugget Casino and Letizia Cos.
- It's `all in the families'. // Baylor Business Review;Spring1994, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the programs and awards initiated by Baylor University's Baugh Center for Entrepreneurship to support family-owned businesses in Texas. Family Business Conference; Family Business Award; Family Values Award; Innovative Family Business Concept. INSET: Would you like to nominate...
- Family employees deserve support. Mennen, William G. // Business News New Jersey;09/22/97, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p18
Presents information on members of families, and their involvement in family businesses. Information on the need for a family employment policy; Why families in business should lend support to each other; What the employment of family members should be based on; Why members of families should...
- Take a moment to consider the benefits. Mennen, Will G. // Business News New Jersey;01/19/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p17
Opinion. Presents the author's views about the benefits of being involved in a family business. Detailed information on how having such a business can be beneficial; Advantages of family businesses; Why they are important in the American society.
- All companies could learn from family businesses. Crain, Rance // Crain's Chicago Business;5/27/96, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p13
Opinion. Comments on lessons that corporations can learn from family-owned businesses. Wrongness of the corporate attitude of taking employee downsizing for granted; Employers' special relationship with employees in family businesses; View that employees are an extension of the family;...
- Millions to burn. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;7/15/96, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the sale of major family-owned business enterprises in Chicago, Illinois. Worth of acquisitions; Criticisms on the sale of the businesses; Investment plans of former family-business owners.
- Silver hair is crown of glory. Murnane, Patrick J. // Candy Industry;Jul97, Vol. 162 Issue 7, p20
Considers the author's account on the benefits of experiences gained in family businesses. Narration of the author's experiences with his father; Significance of the lessons experienced by the author in application to their family business.
- Survey says accountants are most important advisors. // CPA Journal;Nov93, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the results of a survey of family business owners. Accountants as the most trusted source of professional advice after the family circle; Survey conducted by the Gallup Organization for the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company; Other findings.
- Family empires still at India's forefront. Zubrzycki, John // Christian Science Monitor;6/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 145, p5
Focuses on family business empires in India. Information on Jamshedpur, India, the largest company town in the world; What contributed to the strength of India's economy; Information on the establishment of the Tata Group of industries.