Transfer station rehab
- Processing pressures: retain quality, increase quantity Merrill, Lynn // World Wastes;Aug1996, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p16
No abstract available.
- Saudi recycling. // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p41
Reports that the Saudi Arabian government has started feasibility studies for solid waste and plastics recycling complexes in Jeddah and Riyadh that will cost a combined $138 million. Details of each project.
- Economies of scale. // Rail Business Intelligence;8/4/2011, Issue 395, p2
The article presents information on a report according to which the recycling centre at Whitemoor is the main step of an efforts to reduce the cost of Great Britain's railways and make the industry more sustainable.
- Pa. city considers expansion. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;07/27/98, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p9
Reports that despite an objection from a councilor to fund the expansion of one of its recycling dropoff centers, the Bethlehem City Council's Finance Committee, approved a measure. Value of the measure; Expansion of the Illick's Mill recycling center; Aim of the expansion process; Costs of the...
- Fla. city tries to move site of proposed MRF. Halal, Ann Marie // Waste News;8/5/96, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p5
Reports that an ad hoc committee is looking at alternative sites for a material recovery facility proposed by the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County, Florida. Controversy surrounding the plant proposed by Delray Beach city; Authority's reasons for wanting to build the facility; Concerns...
- Homegrown. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;8/5/96, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the growth of Summerland Citizens Association's dropoff recycling program in California. Jeff O'Neil as the association president; Expansion of the recycling center; Problems besetting the center and association.
- Change works for Mass. facility. Halal, Ann Marie // Waste News;8/5/96, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the demolition of the 145-foot brick chimney on Wellesley, Massachusetts' recycling and disposal plant on July 18, 1996. Background on the plant's operations; Features of the improvement work on the plant; Completion date of the project.
- Quick takes. // Waste News;9/30/96, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p6
Presents information on recycling plants in the United States. Relocation of Weyerhaeuser Recycling of Bloomington, Illinois; Appeal made by Arlington Heights and it contract hauler Laidlaw Waste Systems Incorporated of Illinois; Opening of centers by the Public Works Department in Boston,...
- Recycling on the fire line. // BioCycle;Nov95, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p6
Features the recycling program at the Sag Corridor/Thunder Bay fire camp in Minnesota. Summer 1995 fire along the Minnesota/Ontario border; Facilities and programs offered in the camp; Waste separation techniques; Ken Talley as base camp manager.