Tax aims to reduce U.K. landfill dependence
- Taxing landfills. // BioCycle;Jun95, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the British government's introduction of a landfill tax.
- Rise in landfill tax welcome. // Forestry & British Timber;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p5
Reports on Waste and Resources Action Programme's support to the plan to increase landfill tax in Great Britain. Promotion of sustainable waste management; Volume of wastes produced each year; Greenhouse gas emitted by landfill sites.
- Waste tax raises hackles. Duff, Susanna // Waste News;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on the impact of waste tax for landfills on haulers in Ottawa, Ontario. Purpose for the surcharge imposition; Dumping of wastes in the waste facilities of the city; Estimate on the amount of unpaid landfill taxes.
- Waste disposal sites. // Accountancy;Apr90, Vol. 105 Issue 1160, p21
Reports on the tax relief for expenditure on preparing and making good landfill sites for waste disposal in Great Britain. Availability of the tax exemption to persons holding a disposal and waste management license; Decision on the case of Rolfe vs. Wimpey Waste Management Ltd.; Revenue...
- Waste firm warns on landfill tax rise. Hooker, Adam // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);3/25/2011, p4
The article reports that J&G Environmental predicts that corporations must have to adhere to the annual landfill tax hike implemented on April 1, 2011, which reaches to 56 pounds a tonne, wherein the average payment would be over 13,000 dollars annually in disposing waste to landfills.
- Waste not, want not. Gosling, Paul // Public Finance;10/03/97, p12
Asserts that the landfill tax in Great Britain has led to more fly-tipping and increased costs for councils instead of lessening waste disposal and encouraging more responsible attitudes to dumping. Finding that businesses continue to ignore the implications of the landfill tax; Costs of...
- Waste not want not. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jul2001, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the issue of recycling of household wastes in Great Britain. Percentage of the amount of biodegradable municipal waste landfilled in each member state in the European Union required by year 2020; Landfill tax imposed by the Great Britain government.
- 'Grasp the nettle of recycling' Jakovic, Sasa // Printing World;12/9/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p17
Reports on the support of the Paper Federation of the Chancellor's pre-budget proposal to increase the landfill levy in Great Britain. Request of increase in the rate of household paper recycling; Recovery rates for papers; Advocacy of paper industry on rises for landfill municipal waste.
- Waste management. Chesters, Philippe; Hill, Rowland // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Apr98, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p40
Examines the areas of packaging waste handling and landfill tax introduction as part of waste management in Great Britain. Sharing of the responsibility for recycling and recovery of packaging waste across the entire packaging chain; Increasing cost of landfill operations; Integrated approach...