Factors contributing to household food insecurity in a rural upstate New York county
- Measuring food security in Africa: Conceptual, empirical, and policy issues. Staatz, John M.; D'Agostino, Victoire C. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1311
Examines indicators of food security in the African country of Mali. National versus regional food security; Regional versus household food security; Regional versus individual food security; Household versus individual food security.
- Food insecurity: Discussion. von Braun, Joachim // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec90, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p1323
Discusses the concept of food insecurity. Issue of seasonality of food security; Risk of temporary global food shortages; Disappearance of the easy option of expansion of cropped area to achieve food supply expansion; Increasing emergence of food security problem as a problem of the urban poor...
- Toward a `greener' revolution. Welch, Ross M.; Combs Jr., Gerald F. // Issues in Science & Technology;Fall97, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on the food system failure in the United States and the need for a second food revolution. Cost-effective approaches on the problem; Account on the food system programs; How adequate nutrition can be provided; Factors to consider in improving the food system.
- Consequences of a temporally and spatially variable food supply for an unexploited gray squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis) population Roth, Roland R.; Gorman, Owen T. // American Midland Naturalist;Jan1989, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p41
No abstract available.
- Science-based, unified approach needed to safeguard the nation's food supply. // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p482
Provides information on the report `Ensuring Safe Food From Production to Consumption,' by the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences. Factors that serve as barriers to protection of the United States' food supply from contamination; Need for...
- South Asia and the global food situation: Challenges for strenghening food security. Agcaoili-Sombilla, Mercedita; Rosegrant, Mark W. // Journal of Asian Economics;Summer96, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p265
Focuses on the supply, demand and trade of food in South Asia, and looks at Asia's global food projections model. Information on Asia's food production growth; Discussion on child malnutrition in South Asia; Details on the food supply and its demand situation which led to food security problems...
- But is it safe? LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Mar1998, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the certification programs relating to the safety of food supply in the United States. Comments from Paul Deignan, nutrition services director of the Burlington Medical Center; Reference to the National Restaurant Association's ServSafe program for foodservice managers to be food...
- Control news. // Food Manufacture;Mar1997, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p13
Reports on food control related news in Great Britain. Selection of a control system by Cerestar from Steelden of Lancashire to handle its invoicing; Reduction of Birds Eye Wall's energy costs with the use of FIX SCADA software; Features of the software; Call by North British Distillery Company...
- Control news. // Food Manufacture;Mar1998, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p13
Presents information on various news brief in relation to food control industry. Details on a survey carried out by the PA Consulting Group; Amount of loaves of bread that can be ruined due to an hour's lost of production; Information on the process that is helping Wrigley improve gum...
- California seniors fight hunger. Lewis, J.D. // Country Journal;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p18
Describes the FOOD Share program in Ventura County, Calif. Senior citizens gleaning crops to feed the hungry; Social and financial benefits.