- Search is on to find ways to up potato yields. Clarke, Adam // Crops;2/8/2014, p15
The article discusses the disconnection between the scientific advances and their practical application in the field of potato production practices in Great Britain. It is inferred that the disconnection has resulted to the insufficient ways to produce potatoes since the end of the Second World...
- Nanolitre dispensing tips for automated pipetting. // LC-GC Europe;Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p47
The article discusses the introduction of the PocketTip disposable automation research tips (DARTs) from Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- A class act for the lab. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;6/17/95, Vol. 146 Issue 1982, p49
Reviews the book `Scientific Research in Schools: A Compendium of Practical Experience,' by Eric Albone.
- Campbell Collaboration Seeks to Firm Up 'Soft Sciences.'. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;4/3/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p8
Focuses on the use of scientific research in education. Incorporation of empirical knowledge into social work practice; Research syntheses of education; Description of scientific based research.
- Making and the sense it makes. Tin, Mikkel B. // FORMakademisk;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses the emergence of technical and theoretical knowledge from the process of cognitive scientific and non-scientific making. The author defines making as a practical dimension of culture which yields meaning and sense in the form of either practical experimentation or an...
- Who Stole Social Work? Thyer, Bruce A. // Social Work Research;Sep97, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p198
The article comments on the books presenting balanced views on the relative role of science and art on social work practice. letters generated in response to the book forum on the scientist-practitioner model raise a number of legitimate points. Science not founded on humanistic values has...
- Medical writing in France. Farfor, J.A. // British Medical Journal;7/24/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6029, p224
Focuses on the medical writing in France. Scientific methods in medical writing; Standard of research reporting; Adoption of principles and practices of scientific medical writing by research workers.
- The 10-second life coach. // Daily Mail;10/29/2012, p37
HERE are five tips, based on scientific research, to help you slow down the effects of ageing:
- When Business Meets Science. Ojala, Marydee // Online;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p46
Provides tips to business researchers in doing scientific Internet searching. Role of science in business; Techniques of science searching; Factors to consider by business researchers when doing scientific research.
- Eco-vandals put a match to 'progress' Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;7/5/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 154, p11
Discusses eco-terrorism, and the practice of vandals to destroy property where scientific research is practiced.