- RIMS publishes: Selecting & working with a broker. Allen, Mavis // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/09/96, Vol. 100 Issue 37, p15
Reports on the availability of a manual titled `Selecting and Working With a Broker' published by the Risk and Insurance Management Society. Use of manual as a guide for risk managers.
- Assessing investment in manual handling risk controls: a scoring system for use in observational studies. Smedley, J.; Poole, J.; Waclawski, E.; Stevens, A.; Harrison, J.; Buckle, P.; Coggon, D. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jan2005, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p63
Most UK hospitals now have manual handling policies, but few studies have assessed their impact. To facilitate such research, a system for ranking the investment in manual handling risk controls was devised and applied to 109 acute hospitals in the UK. High scoring hospitals performed well on...
- General managers get the basics. // Lodging Hospitality;Jun95, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p11
Announces the availability of the `Hotel Management: Soup to Nuts,' manual from Ramada Franchise Systems. Contents of the manual; Development of the manual by the Ramada Management Institute.
- Advice is at hand. // Professional Engineering;02/23/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
Announces the availability of an updated version of a hand-arm vibration risk management manual from British engineering consultancy Industrial Noise and Vibration. Manual as a practical complement to the Health and Safety Executive guidelines on hand-arm vibration.
- Out of the Dark Ages. McGill, Chuck // Cessna Owner;Mar2013, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p38
The article presents various handbooks and manuals by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) which are available for free download at www.FAA.gov including "Advanced Avionics Handbook," "Risk Management Handbook," and "Airplane Flying Handbook."
- Entire reference available on disk. // Dermatology Times;Apr96, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p77
Reports that the fifth edition of the book `Drug Eruption Reference Manual' is now available on disk from Wal-Zac Enterprises.
- Medical technology assessment guide released. // Health Care Financing Review;Summer92, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p210
Reviews a unique medical technology assessment model now available in a manual for health care leaders, managers, and clinicians. Developed by the Hospital Association of New York State, `Medical Technology Assessment: A Model for Informed Decision Making,' presents a practical,...
- Suicide Risk Management: A Manual for Health Professionals, Second Edition. Séguin, Monique // Canadian Psychology;Aug2012, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p255
The article reviews the second edition of the book "Suicide Risk Management: A Manual for Health Professionals," by Sonia Chehil and Stan Kutcher.
- Announcements. // Journal of Palliative Medicine;Jan2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p110
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. The Center to Advance Palliative Care introduces new tools that could help start, defend, strengthen, and maintain palliative care, like Top Tools Toolkit and Improving Palliative Care in Nursing Homes. The American Academy of Hospice and Palliative...
- Fincen Offers MSBs Guidance on BSA. Hopkins, Cheyenne // American Banker;12/10/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 237, p20
The article reports on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) manual released by the U.S. Financial Crimes Enforcement Network for money-services businesses. According to the article, the manual contains, anti-laundering requirements, BSA risk management expectations, and examination procedures. The manual...