- NFPA and ICC settle dispute over trademark infringement. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the International Code Council's (ICC) settlement of a trademark lawsuit filed by ICC against NFPA. Dispute over the association's use of the name `International Electrical Code'; Development of a detailed plan for integration of...
- Fire Pump Motor Controllers--At the Heart of Life Safety. Buckson, William // Electroindustry;Jan2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p24
The article discusses the development of the specifications for fire pump motor controllers as provided by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 70 National Electrical Code. According to the article, revision of NFPA 70 was undertaken with the help of the National Electrical...
- APPA Convenes Work Group to Monitor Fire, Life Safety, Electrical Standards Development. // Electrical Construction & Maintenance Exclusive Insight;10/22/2015, p1
The article reports on the APPA Standards and Codes Council (ASCC) NFPA Standards and Codes Work Group organized by the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers (APPA) to monitor National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) fire and electrical standards development.
- Tip of the Week: The Basics of Chapter 3 in NFPA 70 (NEC). Lamendola, Mark // Electrical Construction & Maintenance Exclusive Insight;9/21/2015, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various chapters of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)'s National Electrical Code (NFPA 70).
- NEC 2014 Edition. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jan2016, Vol. 115 Issue 1, pC4
The article offers information on the 2014 National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 70 National Electrical Code (NEC) mobile app from trade association NFPA.
- It's 2012. How come we're still talking about the 2011 NEC? // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses the concerns regarding the delay in making a proposal for the 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC) by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in the U.S. It talks about the NFPA website, which is devoted to explain how codes and standards are developed. It outlines...
- Healthcare Facilities Codes Ensure Electrical Safety. DeHanes, Daniel; Baclawski, Vince // Electroindustry;Mar2012, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the codes published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) that address healthcare facilities namely NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, NFPA 99 Health Care Facilities Code and the NFPA 70 National Electrical Code (NEC). NEC's Article 517 covers all requirements under...
- NFPA To Administer, Provide Recommendations For Manufactured Homes Safety Standards. // Insurance Advocate;11/3/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 42, p18
Reports on the function assigned to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Information on the codes developed by the NFPA for safety standards; Impact of adopting the life safety code of the NFPA on public safety in...
- Life-Safety Resources. // Buildings;Jan2003, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p36
Presents information on the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) based in Quincy, Massachusetts. Aim of the association; Background on several codes and standards developed by NFPA to minimize the possibility and impact of fire and other risks; Services offered by NFPA.
- NFPA CONSENSUS CODES SET MAKES PROGRESS. // CEE News;Sep2000, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p44
Focuses on United States-based National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) partnership with other groups to develop the NFPA Consensus Codes set.