- VFD benefit held at Double Eagle Ranch. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/17/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 42, p8B
The article offers information about a meeting of Volunteer Firefighter (VFD) Benefit to be held on October 28, 2012 at Marble Falls in Texas for raising the funds for area VFDs.
- Look to the Skies for a New Role Model. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Dec2011, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p6
The author discusses the meeting of fire departments in the U.S. that was held in Phoenix, Arizona regarding its redevelopment of emergency services. She mentions that one fire chief from California suggests Southwest Airlines Co. as their role model because of their common things such as the...
- Supporting FireFighter Fitness. // Fire Engineering;Aug2014, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p23
The article offers information on the 2014 Firefighter Throwdown event to be held along with the Fire Rescue International (FRI) expo in Dallas, Texas on August 15-16, 2014. According to the event's program director David Bowman, the event aims to test the fitness of firefighters in the country....
- Lakeline. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/31/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p6
The article offers information on several meetings and conferences to be held in Texas in March-April, 2010 including the Wild Turkey Federation meeting, a workshop titled Assistance to Firefighters Grant and the 2010 Healthy Woman Celebration.
- PICK OF THE DAY. // Mail on Sunday;9/ 2/2012, p38
- Exploration of Firefighter Bunker Gear Part 2: Assessing the Needs of the Female Firefighter. Boorady, Lynn M.; Shu-Hwa Lin; Barker, Jessica; Eunjoo Cho; Young-A. Lee; Ashdown, Susan P. // Journal of Textile & Apparel Technology & Management (JTATM);Summer2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
Female firefighters are a minority in their workplace yet also need the same protective equipment as their male counterparts. This research focused on the problems with their bunker gear that female firefighters themselves have identified. Focus groups were held in around the country and the...
- PHYSICAL FITNESS ASSESSMENT PROGRAMS. // Fire Engineering;Mar2002, Vol. 155 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on physical fitness assessment programs among fire fighters in the U.S. Importance of cardiovascular fitness; Complexity of firefighting wellness and fitness; Training of firefighters.
- Fourth ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Haze. // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Aug98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p223
Highlights the Association of South-East Asian Nations Ministerial Meeting on Haze held June 19, 1998 in Singapore. Review of current situation; Preventive measures, regional monitoring mechanisms and firefighting capability under the Regional Haze Action Plan; Sub-Regional Firefighting...
- Get Tactical With Your Fitness. Provencher, Ryan; Carson, Christian // Fire Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p65
In this article the authors discuss tactical fitness for firefighters. They note that fighting fire is physically demanding and that most fitness programs do not meet a fire fighter's needs because they were not designed to prepare fire fighters for the type of work they do. Topics include a...
- Train Like the Tactical Athlete You Are! NORWOOD, P. J.; NEWMAN, JAMES // Fire Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p71
The authors call on firefighters to be physically able to perform the required tasks. Topics discussed include the advantages of well-trained, educated and prepared firefighters, the lack of physical fitness in the fire service, several standards in physical fitness that members must meet, a...