- IAFC Offers Economic Advice. // Fire Chief;Mar2009, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p13
The article reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) has formed the IAFC Economic Challenge Task Force to release a guide entitled "Weathering the Economic Storm: Fiscal Challenges in Fire and Emergency Medical Services." The guideline is cited to provide guidance and...
- Accreditation self-assessment. // Public Management (00333611);Jun96, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the availability of the `Fire and Emergency Services Self Assessment Manual,' from the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Accreditation Task Force.
- IAFC wants to help fire departments improve their public image. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;2/26/2013, p3
The article reports on the release of the document, titled "Taking Responsibility for a Positive Public Perception," by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) as the result of the association's Fire and Emergency Service Image Task Force.
- Task force issues report on Kansas City Combat Challenge. // Fire Engineering;Apr97, Vol. 150 Issue 4, p44
Provides information on reports of the appointed task force to look into the events surrounding the cancellation of the ARA Human Factors' Combat Challenge competition in Kansas City. International Association of Fire Chiefs Past President Jim Halsey who led the four-member task force; The task...
- IAFC releases report on departments' public image. // Fire Engineering;Jul2013, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p44
The article discusses the 2013 report â€œTaking Responsibility for a Positive Public Perception,â€by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Fire and Emergency Service Image Task Force, which looked at measures to improve the public image of fire departments.
- Maryland joins the states giving charters a face-lift. Kline, Alan // American Banker;12/3/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 231, p4
Reports that Maryland banking officials are are joining with the state to make the bank charter more reliable. Number of people making up the task force to combat this problem; Who is leading the group; Aim of the project.
- IAFC manual a tool for self-assessment. // Fire Engineering;Dec95, Vol. 148 Issue 12, p27
Features the book `Fire and Emergency Services Self-Assessment Manual' developed by the International Association of Fire Chiefs' (IAFC) Accreditation Task Force under the direction of California State Fire Marshal Ronny J. Coleman; Costs for IAFC members and non-members; Usefulness of the manual.
- BLACKSEAFOR. Pantcheliev, Kaloyan // Naval Forces;Apr2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p117
Reports that official representatives of Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Russia and Turkey signed an agreement for the formation of a Black Sea Cooperation Task Force on April 2, 2001 in Istanbul, Turkey. Number of combat ships that will compose the task force; Objectives of the task force; List of...
- Network-based Metric for Measuring Combat Effectiveness. Youngwoo Lee; Taesik Lee // Defence Science Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p115
A conceptual definition of combat effectiveness is the overall capability of a force to produce a desired outcome from combat against an enemy force. An ability to measure combat effectiveness is critical to strategic and tactical decision making; however, it is a challenging task to develop an...
- TIME TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. // Community Care;1/16/2003, Issue 1455, p5
Comments on the 'Making Things Happen' report published by the Learning Disability Task Force in January 2003. Challenge for the task force in reforming and helping people with learning disabilities; Remarks from Chris Davis, co-chairperson of the task force, about changing the lives of people...